DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Gas Pedal Vibration (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84392)

Infekt 06-07-2011 10:45 AM

Gas Pedal Vibration

Has anyone had a issue like this?

Say your cruising down the road, foot barley on the gas, and its vibrating. I wouldnt say its road noise or anything, there is no reason to why its vibrating. If your stopped at the light, nothing. When your foot is into it, you notice it less, but just cruising its there.

Dealer said the Tech felt it was normal... I know it isnt, so it will be going back to get the rear end update, and I will have them look again then. Just wanted to see if I could get more info before I go back.

MrPEZO 06-07-2011 11:45 AM

Do you have power adjustable pedals? If so try moving them around, and see if that helps.

x96mnn 06-07-2011 12:38 PM

A friend of mine drove my truck on the weekend and stated the exact same thing. He said is felt like a bolt was on a rod and vibrating and it was not there all the time only when he was light on the fuel.

With that said I do not notice it but they may be because I am used to it.

krackhouse 06-08-2011 11:32 AM

I just purchased a 2011 Sport 4x4 last night and this is the first thing I noticed. I have noticed it on every 5.7 that I have driven, so I am assuming that it is normal. Let us know if you find anything out.
Thanks.

snrusnak 06-08-2011 01:48 PM

it's there on my 4.7L as well, was the first thing I noticed when I bought it. I got used to it.

mikepw 06-08-2011 02:21 PM

Might as well count me in as well. 2011 Sport HEMI. I only notice it around town. Lower speeds, lower RPM's.

2011redrt 06-09-2011 06:31 AM

It is a trans or MDS issue. There are severl threads on here about it. I think a Mod needs to start a folder for transmission vibration issues and move all the threads to one place. This looks like a big issue to me. One person has stated that after 5 visits they changed his torque converter and the problem was solved. I have my second visit scheduled for Monday. The computer update did not work.

snrusnak 06-09-2011 08:46 AM

I'd guess it's not mds as my truck is a 4.7L and doesn't have mds, but I have the issue. I'm going to be getting an aftermarket torque converter in the future (maybe a year, I don't know) but when I do, I'll post up if the vibration went away...

Al E. Gator 06-09-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011redrt (Post 543970)
It is a trans or MDS issue. There are severl threads on here about it. I think a Mod needs to start a folder for transmission vibration issues and move all the threads to one place. This looks like a big issue to me. One person has stated that after 5 visits they changed his torque converter and the problem was solved. I have my second visit scheduled for Monday. The computer update did not work.

I don't believe this is the same problem. My 2011 ST Hemi does it too and it's not MDS related. I also feel it through the gas pedal when I drive over imperfections in the road surface sometimes. I'm sure this is generated somewhere in the pedal linkage.

Infekt 06-09-2011 10:47 AM

I was doing some searching and Read that people believe its a harmonic vibration coming from the engine. Some people have put silicone (black rtv) on the engine firewall side right behind where the pedal bolts on. They said that took the vibration away, giving the harmonics a place to die before getting to your foot.

I was thinking a piece of rubber mat behind the pedal would do the same thing, I may try and see if I can fix this myself, as |I do understand what they are trying to say it is.

I went to the dealer yesterday for a handle update, not even sure what they fixed, and had them look at the pedal again. A second tech said its normal... Which I just dont buy. For the price we pay for these rigs, we should not ahve any wierd vibs...