DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Best polish for the summer (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84607)

Don B 06-10-2011 03:36 AM

Best polish for the summer

Hi Everyone
Which polishing product would you recommend to keep our Rams nice and shiney for the summer? :i_rolleyes:

Focal Point 06-10-2011 03:55 AM

I just hit my Baby with the new Turtle Wax Ice and love it. 90 degree day, full sun, Black truck....NO issues. Smooth as silk. Deep and dark. Hit it quick the next day with the Ice detail spray and it made it even deeper and smoother.

11HEM1 06-10-2011 08:06 AM

I just used the maguire's Ultimate wax great stuff easy on easy off Just do a thin coat

Ben616 06-10-2011 12:45 PM

I just used the Ultimate also super stuff.

Pull Ya 06-10-2011 12:52 PM

There are a few things you need to consider before you choose what "wax" you want to use. I would suggest you go to autogeek.net and read about the different products that are available and what their differences are. Most of their products are used by professional detailers and the quality of their products are outstanding. Or--you could go to a big box store and buy a "popular brand name" and wax your vehicle. Under this circumstance you can expect your "wax" to last 4-6 weeks. You should decide whether a sealant is better for your circumstances than a wax. A sealant will last app. 6 months. Do you leave your truck outside all the time or do you park in a garage? What are the weather conditions where you live. Do you use a car wash or do you wash your truck by hand?----on and on and on------. Everyone has their own favorites for wax. I use Zanio sealant(#2) and top it with Collinite 915. Research and knowledge is your friend when you choose your wax.
Jay

11HEM1 06-10-2011 01:44 PM

I have the Zaino system just havent doen it because I have no place to do it.

Pull Ya 06-10-2011 04:27 PM

04- If you get a chance to use it I'd like to hear your comments when your finished. Oh ya---pictures too LOL I think you'll like the results.
Jay

00dodge1500 06-19-2011 07:05 PM

i just use the turtle wax wash and wax and it really makes it shine

Don B 07-02-2011 07:31 PM

Thanks Everyone,
Your inputs are very important and I have narrowed it down to meguire's ultimate for now. I tested it on the wife's car first lol... she has a 2004 grand prix gt and that thing goes from "flat white" to "metallic white". Hopefully it will look the same on my Ram... preferably better.
I will post pictures after a good hand wash.

11HEM1 07-03-2011 09:32 AM

Good choice :smileup: