DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Anyone ever added the heated/cooled seats? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84749)

nikeman 06-12-2011 12:22 AM

Anyone ever added the heated/cooled seats?
 
One of the few features my truck did not come with was the heated/cooled seats. I am wondering if anyone has added this feature and if so how hard was it? I would like to have this feature but at the same time it is not a big enough deal to me to spend a bunch of money or in NOT buy the truck I now own. Its just a little something extra thats cool to have! lol

Anyone?

M.Scipione 06-12-2011 08:35 AM

I'll be watching this, I got the dual zone climate control but not the vent seats cause I didn't want leather.

Wonder if the cushion is "breathable" enough for it to be put on after market.

Bo0oGz 06-15-2011 02:41 PM

I just picked up my truck with the Heated/Cooled seats. They work pretty good, but don't expect them to cool you down like climate control would. The only problem with them is that they do not have any memory, so if you command start the vehicle you still have to go outside to put on the heating/cooling system.

Razorbass 06-15-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 545737)
One of the few features my truck did not come with was the heated/cooled seats. I am wondering if anyone has added this feature and if so how hard was it? I would like to have this feature but at the same time it is not a big enough deal to me to spend a bunch of money or in NOT buy the truck I now own. Its just a little something extra thats cool to have! lol

Anyone?

I don't know what it takes to add them but I read on another thread today that the SLT and up have the wiring for A/C seats. ST's do not. I am guessing that makes it easer to do but I honestly can't say for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo0oGz (Post 548472)
I just picked up my truck with the Heated/Cooled seats. They work pretty good, but don't expect them to cool you down like climate control would. The only problem with them is that they do not have any memory, so if you command start the vehicle you still have to go outside to put on the heating/cooling system.

My remote start kicks on the vents in my driver seat every time. I did not program anything to make that happen and just assumed it came from the factory that way. Kind of annoying because I have to turn it off since I don't use it that often. It will not do it automatically on a normal key start, only with the remote. Don't know if it also automatically turns on the heater in the winter, have not had my truck long enough to find out yet.

BLKSPORTHEMI 06-15-2011 08:28 PM

I have not had my truck in the winter yet, but when I press the auto start button, my drivers seat is on HI cool. I was told that the truck's outside temp gauge sets the drivers seat to cool or heat when the auto start is pressed. I have looked in the manual and have found nothing on changing the settings for seat settings or A/C & Heat out of vents for auto start.

Anyone know more?

mikepw 06-15-2011 10:02 PM

I would love to have the heated/cooled seats AND steering wheel but I didn't want the leather seats either.

RAMTX 06-15-2011 10:51 PM

Same here, I don't have it. Didn't care for leather, but now I will love to have it. Today was over 100 here in Texas.

nikeman 06-16-2011 01:25 AM

are you guys saying the feature would not work unless you have the leather seats?? I have the "premium cloth" seats.. Why would they not work?

highlandchef 06-16-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 548977)
are you guys saying the feature would not work unless you have the leather seats?? I have the "premium cloth" seats.. Why would they not work?

It's not that they won't work with the cloth seats its just they are not an option with the cloth seats. If you wanted the heated/ cooled seats it only come with the leather.

4Play1 06-16-2011 09:32 AM

Mine will also go back to the last setting when I remote start(seats on) . If I start the truck with the fob I also have to turn the seats back on. 100 degrees here also and it does help for sure.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger