DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum Polls! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Console or Bench ? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84888)

RansRAM 06-13-2011 08:11 PM

Console or Bench ?

I saw quite the debate going on in another thread concerning centre console with buckets v.s. a bench seat so I decided to find out what everyone thinks. So which do you prefer, console or Bench ? and why ?

FYI, I prefer the console with buckets. It's one of the things I really liked during my test drive.

RedRam10 06-13-2011 08:13 PM

Now that's a loaded question. I'd prefer the buckets, but the needs of occasional six person seating won out over and I ended up with the bench.:LOL:

GTyankee 06-13-2011 08:23 PM

I spend hours at a time behind the wheel when i do a job, a short job from my place to Yuma Arizona & back, usually takes 7 to 8 hours, longer 1 day jobs can take 13 hours going to San Francisco/Oakland area & on occasion i turn around & drive all the way back home.
I couldn't do that sitting on a bench seat

RansRAM 06-13-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRam10 (Post 547044)
Now that's a loaded question. I'd prefer the buckets, but the needs of occasional six person seating won out over and I ended up with the bench.:LOL:

Ya, I knew it would be. Interesting that the RT only comes with the console, two passengers only..... Much as I like to console I would have bought an RT if it came with a bench :doh:

RedRam10 06-13-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RansRAM (Post 547051)
Ya, I knew it would be. Interesting that the RT only comes with the console, two passengers only..... Much as I like to console I would have bought an RT if it came with a bench :doh:

Yea, I had to decide whether to make myself happy or meet all the family needs. And as for comfort the 40/20/40 seat with the power drivers seat is actually very comfortable on long trips.:smileup:

dwadestrick 06-13-2011 09:00 PM

I thought long and hard about this. I was going to get bench because I could ride 6 people. I really liked the looks and needed space of a console. I decided to go with a console. The 2-5 times a year that I would need to ride 6 people made me think.."Heck they can drive their own car!" :smileup: Console is nice!

M n M 06-13-2011 09:28 PM

The only trucks I've ever owned had bench seats. Now both the old Ford and my new Ram have the center arm rest / storage so for me it has been very comfortable. Plus I enjoy having my baby seat next to me form time to time.

RockyRam 06-13-2011 09:53 PM

I've been searching for the center console for the 06-08 Ram's to put in my '07. I think its more practical. I rarely have 6 people in the truck.

murdog94 06-13-2011 10:25 PM

I prefer a console with the Arm rests that flip down from the seat. However with the Rams i find few and far between that are equipped with the center console, and most have the flip down storage which actually works quite well for me.

Stump3r 06-13-2011 10:26 PM

I'm like GT in that I spend countless hours behind the wheel of my truck, I just couldn't imagine putting in the seat time I do with a bench. Plus with all the gadgets and junk I carry the extra storage the console offers is perfect for my needs.