DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Not customer friendly, that's for sure. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84939)

Blackthunder 06-14-2011 08:21 AM

Not customer friendly, that's for sure.

I took my Ram into a dealership close to work, with appt., last night, for the puddle light TSB and a power door lock that was not operating. All warranty issues.

The dealership is Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Troy. That's Troy, Michigan.

When I arrived, the service writer acted like I was a big inconvenience to him. Very rude. At first he couldn't even get the right VIN number put in his computer. It took him 3 times to do this. All the while I'm trying to tell him my concerns, he is allowing to get himself involved with non-work related conversations with 2 other people and completely ignoring me. Then he states that none of the issues will be covered under warranty and my rental car will not be covered (I have extended warranty coverage that covers rental), I told him that the truck is new (5k miles) and I do have coverage. He continued to say no, so I looked at his computer screen. He had a truck that was registered and tagged in Denver, CO as a commercial vehicle. I told him you have the wrong truck. He then went out to re-copy the VIN again and finally had the right truck on the screen.

When he finally had it written up, he gave me the option of walking to Enterprise or he would call them for a pick-up. Enterprise was a quarter mile down the road. I chose to walk. I felt that he might be pushed over the top if he made a phone call.

I had to make all the arrangements with Enterprise, which the service writer is supposed to do. Enterprise was shocked.

Anyway, I realize now I should of canceled the appointment and went elsewhere as I am really nervous about this. I chose this dealership because they are close to my work. It was a mistake. I should of went back to my selling dealership, which isn't much better.

It just amazes me how Chrysler will hire people to represent the company in such a poor manor. You would think that they would want to treat people in a way that you would want to return. I have my fingers crossed as to if I get my truck back fixed correctly and not damaged.

Even if things work out, I will never go back or recommend Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Troy, MI. The service writer I dealt with was rude with no customer service skills whatsoever.

Upstater 06-14-2011 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience, but sadly it seems to happen pretty often. The dealership where I bought my first ram was like this and (poetic justice?) they're now out of business. I had to try a few dealers but I finally found one (Goldstein Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Latham NY) that is incredible. My service adviser, Morgan Parker, has offered to pick me up at my house in his personal vehicle or drive me home several times! Any time my truck is in for service he checks the Internet for coupons, etc. for me and does whatever he can to save me $$.

Keep looking, just like a woman the right one is out there!

rdsabin 06-14-2011 01:01 PM

Poor Customer Service

When you receive the customer service survey, blast them. If they don't repair your problems correctly and promptly contact Chrysler and file a complaint.

brokenwrench66 06-14-2011 03:27 PM

I'm not defending the guy at all, but it isn't Chrysler that hires these bozos, it's the dealership. I guess those positions don't pay very much as dealers often hire guys that don't know diddly about the vehicles that they see everyday and then sometimes you get guys that really go out of their way for you. Either way, the service advisers and the service techs are two completely different animals so you shouldn't let your distrust of one cause you to distrust the other.

Every place hires the occasional jerk but they only way they can get rid of them is if people complain. Don't judge the dealership too harshly until you give them a chance to do something about $#@&head.

Good luck!

Juice420 06-14-2011 04:22 PM

I'm curious as to what the other dealership is your referring to. It's not Telegraph Dodge is it?

Blackthunder 06-14-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 547855)
I'm curious as to what the other dealership is your referring to. It's not Telegraph Dodge is it?

Juice420-

Nope, not Telegragh Dodge-I'm an east sider. I bought my truck from Van Dyke Dodge here in Warren. I hear they cleaned house over there, service advisors, etc., even the guy who sold me the truck, who was a real jack@#$. I think if I have any more issues I will give them another try. The only reason I tried Suburban in Troy was because they were close to my work and I could never make it to Van Dyke Dodge in time due to construction and my work hours.

Suburban called me today and had to order parts. Door latch recall (#L03) and they did re-flash for the puddle light TSB. He said parts may be in tomorrow, for sure Thurs. I hope I get the truck back by Thursday-really don't like the minivan they gave me, but it's free-so can't complain too much.

And yes, I have a fresh pen to fill out the "comments" portion of the service card in regard to the service writer-can't wait!!

erm 06-15-2011 03:39 PM

Totally poor customer service.

I agree...slam their customer service in the survey you may get.

GTyankee 06-15-2011 04:25 PM

Service writers can be strange folks for sure, no one at the dealership that i use will walk up to me, unless they are newbies. The head service writer takes care of me most times, then the next guy in line for that position is next, then this tall indian kid, the other 4 service writers avoid me like the plague. :)
The Parts Dept. guys call me by name, & the 3 shuttle drivers all know where i live. The Finance guy surprising remembers my name, as does the guy that sold the Ram to me 28 months ago
I think i have a good dealership & yes i take them donuts now & then

CajunDodge 06-15-2011 05:46 PM

Sucks you had such a bad experience and I, too, agree with the customer survey and that's where I make my thoughts known. My selling dealership was great to work with in all areas and, sadly they closed and there are two others that I use, the next closest one where they pay attention to my concerns (the doughnuts do help!) and a dealership that is about an hour away but sure hope you get your truck back and fixed correctly.

- Cajun

Blackthunder 06-16-2011 08:22 PM

Well, got my truck back tonight and everything is fixed correctly.

The service writer saw me come in and was very accommodating, polite and would not allow the porter to retrieve my truck, he wanted to go out and get it himself and pull it in the service write up area.

I think he may of realized how "bad" things went the other night when I brought it in. Maybe he had a bad day, we all have them.

Anyway, things went a whole lot better today, truck is fixed right, no damages and I'm satisfied.

I never received a survey card, I know some dealers don't give them out, but if I did get one, I don't think I would of bashed this guy after how well things went tonight.