DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram MPG Zone (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   2010 Ram 2500 HEMI MPG?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85022)

Jammer90 06-15-2011 03:04 PM

2010 Ram 2500 HEMI MPG??

Hello,

New to the forum so I will give a quick intro. My name is Tim, I am in Southern Ontario, Canada. I am coming from a 2006 Ford Super Duty (that was a mistake) and am looking to upgrade to a Ram Truck.

The truck in question I drove and fell dearly in love with is a 2010 Ram 2500 TRX4 HEMI. Now being a 2500, no MDS, and being a TRX4, has standard 4:10's in the rear. Previous owner installed 33" Hancook's on all 4's. My question is as following, I know that its not a Honda Civic, but what kind of numbers can I expect from this truck? Being the newer VVT 383hp. I don't know if the trans has changed from previous years, but it has the manual mode. Some real world numbers would be beautiful to know before I throw down the money.

Coming from a Ford V10 owner, it can't be much worse LOL! I look forward to your replies and help. Thanks to all in advanced!

P.S....I know I might get a few 6.7 Cummins guys saying "Buy a diesel", but unfortunately guys, for the amount of driving and towing I do with the truck itself, a diesel will never pay itself off enough for me to bother with the expensive fuel and repairs... :smiley_thumbs_up:

CHEERS!

erm 06-15-2011 03:22 PM

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully a member with the same truck will chime in here. My 2007 5.L powered MegaCab is vastly different from your truck so my MPG numbers are irrelevant. :D

mdram43 06-15-2011 06:53 PM

i have the truck you drove, now modded. but when i drove the truck home on the highway for 8 hours, i was getting 19-22 mpg (amazing), city 9-12 mpgs? this was all babying the truck though. I have now lifted it 2", thrown 34" tires on it, and cold air intake, and i get something like 9 city and anywhere from 14-20 mpgs highway. the truck impressed me mpgs stock and babying it. I now fill up every few days and can easily go through $100 a week. its my daily driver though

given your on 33's, I'd say you'll be pretty similar, but it is all on how you drive.

erm 06-15-2011 06:57 PM

One thing I failed to mention is that mileage seems to get better as the engine gets some mileage and use on it.

Jammer90 06-15-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdram43 (Post 548651)
i have the truck you drove, now modded. but when i drove the truck home on the highway for 8 hours, i was getting 19-22 mpg (amazing), city 9-12 mpgs? this was all babying the truck though. I have now lifted it 2", thrown 34" tires on it, and cold air intake, and i get something like 9 city and anywhere from 14-20 mpgs highway. the truck impressed me mpgs stock and babying it. I now fill up every few days and can easily go through $100 a week. its my daily driver though

given your on 33's, I'd say you'll be pretty similar, but it is all on how you drive.

:Wow1: Wow! And thanks for the reply. I would have been happy for somebody to say 15MPG lol! The new Hemi's seem to be doing better in the fuel mileage area now. I never did check to see if the truck I like had a leveling kit in it or not, but I doubt it did from the rake it had. Again..... Thanks & Cheers!

Jammer90 06-15-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 548514)
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully a member with the same truck will chime in here. My 2007 5.L powered MegaCab is vastly different from your truck so my MPG numbers are irrelevant. :D

I love the 5.9 Cummins, I just can't justify the cost for the amount of use/towing it will ever get :4-dontknow: . Trust me, I drove an early '07 Mega Laramie with Ranch Hand front & rear HD bumpers, 35" on stock rims with a leveling kit & power deploying running boards (sweeeeeeeet ass truck). Same price as the 2010 TRX4 I am thinking of purchasing, It was a sweet ride, but it would be a shame to see a perfectly good diesel go to waste in my drive when someone who needs the diesel can buy it instead and use it to its full potential. And they get VERY decent milage for a heavy truck too. My Cousin has a 2008 Mega 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins and it is a little heavier on the fuel than his retired 2004 QC 5.9L (894,000KM).

Cheers! :smiley_thumbs_up:

mdram43 06-15-2011 08:27 PM

i doubt it came with a leveling kit, however if you do decide to lift the front end I would go with the top gun customz progressive spring rather than the leveling kit. after leveling the front and throwing an add-a-leaf to the rear, the truck rides rougher than heck, I plan on swapping out for the top gun customz spring in a month or so

UltraFlame 06-15-2011 08:33 PM

Your truck sounds like it is set up nice. Would be great to see some pics.

Jammer90 06-15-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdram43 (Post 548714)
i doubt it came with a leveling kit, however if you do decide to lift the front end I would go with the top gun customz progressive spring rather than the leveling kit. after leveling the front and throwing an add-a-leaf to the rear, the truck rides rougher than heck, I plan on swapping out for the top gun customz spring in a month or so

Appreciate the info. As far as the leveling kit, I am not to sure if the previous owner had one installed or not is what I meant lol. But even after all of this, I don't plan on lifting it. I should have looked under the truck, if you know, could you tell me if the TRX4 package came with skid-plates?? I think it does, but if it doesn't, thats one thing I will have to install because of the job I do (Field/Farm Hand). I had to install them on my Ford after I busted the trans pan LOL.... Thanks again