DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Sirius - How Much Do You Pay? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85030)

Juice420 06-15-2011 04:12 PM

Sirius - How Much Do You Pay?

My free sub to Sirius radio is ending soon and I'm wondering what everyone is paying for their service. I'm kind of on the fence about renewing for the price they want. I'm pretty sure I seen a thread on here about a number to call to get a real good deal. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

RockyRam 06-15-2011 04:53 PM

$25 for 6 months is what I'm on

Wildcat 06-15-2011 05:13 PM

I opted not to pay for it because honestly, the sound quality is not that great. I would rather listen to the thousands of songs on my IPod than pay for a less than stellar service. Just my opinion though.

DaveDees 06-15-2011 05:20 PM

From an email I received:

Quote:

OFFER DETAILS: Activate a 5-month subscription to the Sirius Select package, pay only $24.99 and save 61% off the base price ($4.99/mo versus $12.95/mo). Offer good only on an inactive radio and comes with free activation (a $15 value). Other fees and taxes will apply. Service will automatically renew and bill at the then-current rate, on a Quarterly (3 mos.) Plan, until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms. This offer cannot be combined with any other. All fees and programming subject to change. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Our Sirius satellite service is also available in PR (with coverage limitations). Our Internet radio service is available throughout our satellite service area and in AK and HI. Certain channels are not available on our Internet radio service, including MLB play-by-play.

jc4041 06-15-2011 05:23 PM

Slacker Radio on my phone....it's free

bombadillo 06-15-2011 05:43 PM

Pandora on my phone plays better music half the time anyway so if they cut me off at the end of my year, I'm just going to go that route. Sounds great, works great, and they play what I like. So long as I get cell service, I'm golden just like satellite.

GTyankee 06-15-2011 06:26 PM

I drive around the USA a bunch & into Ontario Canada every year or 2
i love Sirius Radio & before that XM

1 year plan as mentioned can be $12.95 a month
2 year plan is at least a dollar less
3 year plan is again at least a dollar less, i pay $8.99 monthly i believe
LIFETIME PLAN is the best deal of all, it is for the LIFE of the Radio, not yours

i read that some people have waited until the 3rd notice & they have received a cheaper cost, but i have not tried it myself

Others say that you get the best deal using the phone, especially IF you mention CANCELING your subscription & just using the Ipod or Pandora, etc

NOLA 5.7 06-15-2011 10:11 PM

I've done the $77/yr deal for the past two years. You have to be willing to cancel if they don't give you the deal. Don't pay full price.

MrCrash 06-15-2011 11:01 PM

I refuse to pay for it. Their stations suck compared to many of the stations around Detroit. WRIF FTW!

Juice420 06-16-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc4041 (Post 548631)
Slacker Radio on my phone....it's free

I have Slacker on my phone too. The free version sucks like nothing else.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bombadillo (Post 548646)
Pandora on my phone plays better music half the time anyway so if they cut me off at the end of my year, I'm just going to go that route. Sounds great, works great, and they play what I like. So long as I get cell service, I'm golden just like satellite.

Again, ^^^^
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCrash (Post 548901)
I refuse to pay for it. Their stations suck compared to many of the stations around Detroit. WRIF FTW!

Not really into rock or metal sooooo. Plus they play more commercials than music.
But thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm gonna try and get the same deal Kyle has.