DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (
-   -   Antenna Base (

Whitewolf 06-18-2011 08:25 PM

Antenna Base
I have a '09 1500 and the antenna base is almost white. It gets worse everytime I wash my truck. Is this common? Can anything be done to fix it?

916Timmy 06-18-2011 08:37 PM

I would just put some turtle wax ice liquid wax on it! Polishes and restores plastic!

erm 06-18-2011 08:38 PM

Yes...get some plastic cleaner, the stuff you use to clean other body parts that are black plastic.

Products like:

1. Purple Power Prime Shine (AutoZone)
2. 3M Restore Black (AutoZone)
3. Black WOW (
4. PoorBoys Trim Restorer (

There are a few others. I like the 3M product.

Whitewolf 06-18-2011 08:42 PM

Thanks for the quick replys. I will start with the 3M from Auto Zone.

notnks 06-23-2011 05:43 AM

If it is still under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer and see what they say.
My dealer and I are on first name bases by now, NOT a good thing. He has replaced the antenna, front bumper twice, rear bumper, drivers side front wheel bearing( front wheel bearing at 30k I would have never guessed that one happening, Glad it wasn't the drive shaft!!), drivers rear view mirror, drivers window, passengers rear tail light, oh and one front day time running light and last but not least we argued for 6 months about the 2 hazey spots in the paint and the rust all over my truck. They called it "Rail Dust''. All they can say is no.

CollateralDamage 06-23-2011 07:20 AM

there is always that plastic dip stuff that some people are using as well i would imagine, man notnks sounds like you got a friday/monday truck :4-dontknow:

rick980 06-23-2011 11:11 AM

You can always take the piece off and paint it with some plastic paint like Krylon for plastic

Whitewolf 06-23-2011 04:26 PM

All good ideas, I will try one of conditioners mentioned first to see if that works.

No it's beyond the warranty period that would cover this part. The dealer I bought my truck at got closed down with-in weeks of my purchase in '09/barley recieved my tags before they closed. So have a lot of problems finding a dealership that wants to work with me. I started with one and they bent my factory running board brackets when the put it on the lift for an oil change. They arguied they did not after spending 2 complete days trying to tighten them back up. I filed a complaint with dodge and they denied knowing anything about the problem!!!

Big Daddy 06-27-2011 08:04 PM

I use Back To Black with great results on mine. Looks brand new now.