DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Diablo Predator Questions & Info! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   MPG Booster/93oct Tunes (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85266)

thedvsmonkey 06-18-2011 08:53 PM

MPG Booster/93oct Tunes

Okay, after trying out the MPG Booster tune for a week and 2 tanks of gas I have decided to go back to the 93 oct tune! First of all my MPG dropped by 1-2MPG rather than increased. Secondly, and the only way I can describe this, the truck just felt like it was dragging something, like it was being held back. The tune wasn't bad but it just wasn't good like the 93 tune was when I installed it and since I wasn't getting any MPG boost I figured why keep it in there.
After putting the 93 tune back in and turning off MDS and setting my tire size again I simply drove it around the block and could immediately tell the difference and felt like the ZAZZ was back!
Also, I just paid $4.09 for Super 93 octane and that's the cheapest I've paid for gas since I bought the truck in February! Yay! :smileup:

MADDOG 06-18-2011 09:01 PM

Good input. That particular tune has to be something that pulls timing and flatten out the fuel curve to reduce fuel usage.

I am skeptical that it would even work on a HEMI. I know my truck won't run well on 87, barely ran on 89 and runs the best on 92, even before I put on the DSP.

thedvsmonkey 06-18-2011 10:02 PM

Yeah, I didn't use 87, just couldn't bring myself to go that low. I used 89 which I've had good results with before I started tuning. But, the proof is in the pudding! It's nothing but 93 from here on in and I'm pretty happy with the 93 oct tune as well so that one stays put!

MoparBandit 06-19-2011 05:09 PM

That's weird. I agree the 93oct tune is stellar. But I've been using the MPG boost since it came out and had noting but good results while still using 93 in the tank. My truck still gets up an goes with sometimes lighting up the rears if hit right. Granted I tried towing with that tune but didn't feel good switched back for that and ran better. But as far as a gain in miliage it went from 15 to 18 being "responsible" and itll keep about 11-12 city.

platinuminjected 06-19-2011 05:13 PM

thanks for sharing the good info bud

67Polara 06-24-2011 09:34 PM

im thinking about running this tune with super from the top of DE to alittle further south of Raleigh NC just to see what it will do.

BMosh 07-03-2011 06:06 PM

I had the same results.. mileage took a huge dip. Significant power loss. I'll go back to the 91 octane tune.

CollateralDamage 07-03-2011 06:40 PM

same with me as well, they seemed to have kinda missed the mark with that tune i think...:thk:

BMosh 07-03-2011 06:58 PM

Don't try to tell their tech support though... they have no problems telling you that you're wrong and that its your truck causing you to get worse gas mileage, not their tune. DS customer service flat out sucks!

CollateralDamage 07-03-2011 07:24 PM

I haven't had good luck myself, but I try not to rant lol.