DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Another BakFlip thread (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85953)

ELFATKAT 06-28-2011 06:20 PM

Another BakFlip thread

I know there are tons of threads already, but I wanted to start my own. My wife just sent me this pic.

http://ramforumz.com/picture.php?alb...pictureid=1508

I wonder if I can install it before my meeting at 7:30! hehe! Then I am going to see transformers at 9pm! Ok off topic, but I need to find time to install this thing.

I know I do not need to, but hey I want to. :doh:

RamOwner 06-28-2011 07:56 PM

Keep us informed. I was going to buy the F1, but after some negative feedback here I held off.

Razorbass 06-28-2011 08:58 PM

I have been happy with my F1 and I think many others on this forum have as well. Congrats on the new mod and post pics once installed.

Spartan 06-28-2011 11:30 PM

I got an F1 a couple weeks ago and love it. My only complaint is that I had to wait o. A 2 week backorder.

dwadestrick 06-28-2011 11:35 PM

I am happy with my F1.

JimmyNichols 06-29-2011 08:30 AM

ditto, I'm happy with the F1.

vtelvr 06-29-2011 03:34 PM

I see all of the BakFlip praises..but just the few negatives that I have seen on their products makes my shy away. Also, after seeing a couple of the demo models at various stores, I decided that I will go with the Extang Solid fold. Main reason why is when you need to remove the cover, you can remove every bit of the product with the release of 4 clamps, and no tracks remain in the way. Good luck with your purchase though!

JimmyNichols 06-29-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtelvr (Post 558706)
I see all of the BakFlip praises..but just the few negatives that I have seen on their products makes my shy away. Also, after seeing a couple of the demo models at various stores, I decided that I will go with the Extang Solid fold. Main reason why is when you need to remove the cover, you can remove every bit of the product with the release of 4 clamps, and no tracks remain in the way. Good luck with your purchase though!

The bakflip removes with 2 bolts that attache the cover to the rails. Each rail has 3 clamps. Not a big deal if you want to take it off.

The only negative threads I have read are in regards to the Bakflip for the CC with the Rambox. Since the Rambox beds have built in rails the bakflip utilizes these rails. I have seen a few threads about fitment issues because of this. On the Crew Cabs without the rambox you use the bakflip rails and I haven't seen any negative threads.

moose3 06-29-2011 05:35 PM

I posted a complete review of the Rambox with all the low points and high. After you come to terms with the product being what it is, for the money you spent, it performs fairly well. I am happy with it, just left me really feeling like it could have been better made/better fitment when I got it.

vtelvr 06-29-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyNichols (Post 558713)
The bakflip removes with 2 bolts that attache the cover to the rails. Each rail has 3 clamps. Not a big deal if you want to take it off.

The only negative threads I have read are in regards to the Bakflip for the CC with the Rambox. Since the Rambox beds have built in rails the bakflip utilizes these rails. I have seen a few threads about fitment issues because of this. On the Crew Cabs without the rambox you use the bakflip rails and I haven't seen any negative threads.

Well, at first the remaining hardware(rails/clamps) weren't a huge drawback for me. What was however, was the couple of demo models that were inside of a building already were showing some pretty gnarly top seal/hinge damage. For a $700-$1000 cover, that just isnt right...