DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   $600 to spend. Best audio upgrade for 2010 Ram BigHorn Quad? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86024)

ABD26 06-29-2011 01:23 PM

$600 to spend. Best audio upgrade for 2010 Ram BigHorn Quad?

:4-dontknow:Guys,

I've got $600 to put toward upgrading my audio. I've got the single CD player, Aux jack, and Sirius stock radio. I want a better/fuller sound. What do I do?

10" subwoofers under back seat with amp?

Replace the 6 speakers?

Replace the unit?

Variation of above?

Something I've never considered?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

FFwhipple 06-29-2011 03:00 PM

personally i think your 2010 should have good enough speakers to not have to mess with them...
other than that i would go with a set of 12's, a 1000-1500 watt amp, and a basic mp3, cd, ect. head unit..
i have not had to upgrade my system in about 2 years so i dont know what exact brands and prices are what but that is the set up i would go with if you want a full/heavy sound. 12's hit lows way better than 10's.. country, rock, rap.. everything

hope it helps.. post some pics after your purchase...:4-scratcher:

GTyankee 06-29-2011 03:08 PM

what is the radio sales code
it is located on the radio face, lower right hand corner, 3 letters

all that info above doesn't really mean anything, the code is all we can go by without being there ourselves. it will be one of these
RBZ, RER, REN, REU, & RES, REQ

erm 06-29-2011 03:32 PM

IMHO, the weakest part of the stock system is the amp. Replacing it is the best bang for your buck to start.

Get a new 4 ch amp. You can worry about speakers, subs and amps later.

ABD26 06-29-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 558719)
what is the radio sales code
it is located on the radio face, lower right hand corner, 3 letters

all that info above doesn't really mean anything, the code is all we can go by without being there ourselves. it will be one of these
RBZ, RER, REN, REU, & RES, REQ

RES is the sales code. What does that information do for me? Thanks.

ABD26 06-29-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 558742)
IMHO, the weakest part of the stock system is the amp. Replacing it is the best bang for your buck to start.

Get a new 4 ch amp. You can worry about speakers, subs and amps later.

MADDOG,

So am I installing an amp that did not exist or am I switching out the old amp for a new one?

GTyankee 06-29-2011 04:23 PM

the RES code lets us know just which radio that you have & what options or capabilities it has, sort of like you will never get GREAT sound out of a garbage radio
It also lets us know that your radio is one of the BASE model radios that the factory installs, they are the RES & REQ models
I am trying to find the schematics for a base model radio & one of the premium mounted radios, to see if there is a difference in components, or if they are all the same radios & just have different options

erm 06-29-2011 10:44 PM

If you have an amp now, using a PacAudio adapter harness it will stay in place and provide a digital signal to the new amp.

If you don't have an amp to start with, then you are wiring in a new amp.

E.L.D. 44 06-30-2011 08:30 AM

If you like bass then I would look for a single 10 or 12, box, and amp set up. You should get a decent setup for around 600 if you shop around some. If you like sound quality I would go with a digital sound processor like the jbl ms-8 or the jl audio clean sweep(?). That should really wake up your system and make it sound it's absolute best...