DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Some advice please (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86315)

ronnie4946 07-03-2011 11:47 PM

Some advice please

Hey guys.
I have a 2011 Laramie Ram. I bought the truck new. At about 2000 miles things started going wrong. Puddle lamp not working, rear bumper rusting, back up camera not working, wind noise and water leak in drivers door. leather seat is de-formed, horn only works when you push very hard, brakes are spongy, key-fob works half the time. I practically live at the dealership. I live in a rural part of upstate NY and the next closest dealership is about an hour away. They order parts which takes a couple of weeks and they come in wrong. So far they changed the bumper, did a recall, and replaced the backup camera. They still have to fix the puddle lamp. They told me the breaks are normal which I know they are not , they cant fix the leak and wind noise in the drivers door because "They are not a body shop", and they cant find anything wrong with the key fob or the horn. I also just notice that the box is not sitting square on the chassis. The rubber touches the cab on the passenger side, but an inch away on the driver side. I never paid so much for a truck before and this is my first Dodge. I traded in a Silverado with 200K and it didnt have this many problems. I dont have the time to keep going back and forth to the dealership. I was so excited to get a new truck and now I'm disgusted. I have a $44,000 nightmare. I have to carry a towel with me so if it rains hard or I go through a car wash I can sop up the water. Dodge has a case number for all the problems but I keep making payments and putting miles on this truck and it hasn't been right since the first month. Should I get my attorney to work on this for me or should I keep making my weekly visit to the dealership. I am losing hours of work to try and get my new truck fixed. Any advice will be appreciated.

Stump3r 07-03-2011 11:57 PM

I'm pretty sure you have enough there to qualify under the lemon law. Not being from down south I'm not sure how it works 100%, hopefully another Z member will chime in with more info on how to get the ball rolling.
Sorry your having so many issues with your Ram. They really are awesome trucks when everything works as it should.

Excoastie 07-04-2011 06:55 AM

I would say YES! get your attorney involved. This has gone beyond what you should have to deal with, as your truck obviously has serious problems.

I believe once your attorney gets involved things will proceed smoother for you. If they can't get the truck fixed, then they need to bring someone in that can fix it, and while they're doing that, they need to provide you with a rental of sorts (that doesn't cost you a dime).

Your attorney will either know more about or can research the lemon law. Me being the layman, it sounds like you've gone beyond what is needed to qualify. Don't give up on Dodge, you just got a bad truck and apparently use a dealership that is an idiot

Exco

emmyshemi 07-04-2011 08:21 AM

I would check online the exact law in NewYork state regarding the lemon law. Then if your vehicle qualifies, then proceed with the legal action. Its smart to get an idea of what needs to be done before calling the attorney. You dont want to get "taken" twice, so be careful. Sorry you have had so many problems, thats the worst feeling. Thats kind of why i like to lease a vehicle first, then if its a good one, you can always buy it.(even though I bought mine too). Anyway, best of luck, keep us posted.

erm 07-04-2011 01:59 PM

Yes, I would consult with an attorney. They can advise on what your rights are, what the process is, what you need to document and how the claims are filed and pursued.

Good luck! Sorry to hear you have so many issues. Mine has been flawless except for a vibration that was cleared up quickly and a REC/NAV head unit that went bad.

wylie 07-04-2011 02:38 PM

lemon law

Most definitely, get your atty involved,,,,but go and tell your dealer that it is obviously a lemon and do you want to replace it or go with the lemon law. Make it his choice. new truck or lemon law. Remind him of how much Dodge is going to like him by choosing the courts.

GTyankee 07-04-2011 03:19 PM

It is your dealership that is the LEMON

Puddle lamps are a known issue
The cab leaks are a known issue
the leather seat problem is a known issue

The rams have 2 different horns, 1 set works when you lock the doors or remote start the Ram
the other set is the louder horn, mine is also harder to blow than i care for, you can't just give it a quick beep, it just blares after pushing hard, i believe it is because you are pushing down the air bag as well as the horn

I can't believe that they won't fix the door, they are a Certified Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership with a body shop or they need to have a body shop under contract, to meet the qualifications to be a dealer

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html