DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Infiniti G35 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86634)

1500Ram9987 07-08-2011 01:24 AM

Infiniti G35

It was a sunny hot day (about 90*) and I was out in my truck heading to Lowes for a couple small things. I end up getting a red light where the lane next to me is open, which happens to end in about 1/8th of a mile. You either have to turn or merge. Most people who take this lane turn into the local HyVee about 500ft after clearing the intersection.

Anyway I'm always excited to get the pole position and am eager for someone to try their luck against my truck. As I'm sitting there enjoying the nice breezy day I see what looks like a G35 coming up fast from behind, sure enough he jumps over into the open lane. It was a 2003 - 2006 g35 sedan. Not wanting to look like an ass I always wait to see what the other guy will do before I drop the hammer. The light turns green and we both slowly roll into it. I don't like running the AC when it is such a beautiful day out so I had my windows down and could hear him get on it... he sure wasn't planning on turning into HyVee. I follow suit and immediatly stop his pull. He held at my passanger door before slowly dropping and then letting off all together and peacefully merging behind me. We only ran it up to about 55mph.

I thought the g35 was going to be a little tougher than that, especially with it's weight advantage. But in this case I think I won the torque battle. I didn't get to see the full badging on the back (although he got to see mine :gy:) to see if it was an "x" or "s" version or even both. I'm assuming it wasn't either based on the outcome of our little run. Either way it was fun and I was very proud of my Hemi!

GeauxHunting 07-08-2011 02:47 AM

Congrats on the win! lol. I driven some of those infinites, not the g35, but nevertheless it was pretty quick.

TheSatinPumpkin 07-08-2011 11:00 AM

Had a G35 cut me off bad last year and since then i have had a a small pet peeve with them on the road LOL. Not road rage but i feel that incident gave me the nudge to really push forward in modding my truck to do your type of scenario from idle to the speed limit or a tad over.

Good Job.

Silver04Ram 07-09-2011 02:26 AM

Congrats on the win. Thos vq motors are pretty potent. I am curious as well if it was the awd model or not.

08Boomer 07-09-2011 02:38 PM

I just got rid of my G35 however mine was a coupe. The sedan is lighter and faster than the coupe given its a 6mt sedan, autos not so much. chances are that it wasnt. As far as weight advantage, a G35 coupe without anyone in it weighs about 3600 lbs sedans are a little lighter by maybe a hundred pounds or so, so yes you do weigh more, but not by all that much. Now dont think im trying to say anything negative about your truck though.

1500Ram9987 07-09-2011 10:04 PM

Well, like I siad, he didn't stay in it for long. I'm sure if we had kept going he probably would have started to pull on me for sure; but that's the beauty of street racing, his lane ended and he didn't have a choice but to get behind the Hemi!

CHVYKLR 07-09-2011 10:31 PM

I'd think there is at least 1000lbs difference in weight. Nice run.