DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Diablo Predator Questions & Info! (
-   -   Update help (

MoparMadness08 07-09-2011 03:41 PM

Update help
I cant seem to get my diablo to update. i followed the instuctions and it gets to a point where it wont do anything. it says windows will automatically find the info but dont do anything. ive had this for 2 days now and cant even use it. anyone got ideas

Timbo114 07-09-2011 05:56 PM

Did you d/l and install the DS Downloader?
Which OS are you running?

MADDOG 07-09-2011 06:45 PM

Also check the baud rate it's set at. I couldn't upgrade it, either, until I made sure the setting was correct. 5300 is the correct rate.

And good point...if you aren't using the DS Downloader then go get it.

MoparMadness08 07-09-2011 09:06 PM

I did change it but maybe im doing something wrong yet.
Ill try it later again and tellyou what comes up.

MoparMadness08 07-09-2011 11:30 PM

alright i got it to do the update. not sure how but it worked. tomorrow ill go out and give it a shot. this week im going to take it to work and run a before and after test on the dyno. i want to see what kind of gains i can get with it. hopefully it wont be disapointing.

MADDOG 07-10-2011 12:48 AM

What tune are you going with?

I wasn't disappointed in the changes I got. You won't realize the full benefit of the program until you put in a freer flowing exhaust.

MoparMadness08 07-10-2011 02:47 PM

Im going to try the 87 and the 91 to see which one i like best. Ill let the chassis dyno tell me what the diff in power is. I have to get my new muffler on also. I might even buy the new y-pipe. Im sure that will help a bunch. What are u guys using for a tune.

MADDOG 07-10-2011 02:57 PM

I'm using the canned 91 octane tune.

MoparMadness08 07-10-2011 03:48 PM

Welll i just got back from trying out the DP. i first tried the 87 tune and then the 91. i noticed a little improvement with the 87 tune. but not a lot. the 91 tune seemed to pull better but it still dont seem like that big a difference. Im not saying that i didnt help out. it will probably help alot more when i get the exhaust done. When i do the exhaust im just going to replace the muffler. I have a dynomax VT. I wanted to keep the single exhaust. Should i just remove the rear resinator when i do this? Any other ideas on what to change on the truck to help the Dp get its full affect.

Timbo114 07-10-2011 04:22 PM

You'll be very pleased after that muffler is changed out.

I'd love to see/hear a video/audio clip after your DynoMax is installed.
I wanna compare sound clips for future reference.
My final choice was between the Dyno & Hooker.

I'm running a Hooker Aero Chamber 3in/3out with factory resonator w/87 perf tune & tweaked trans perf tune - I love it.