DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Shorty Header eBay Seller - BUYER BEWARE! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86987)

Nitroneal 07-12-2011 11:32 PM

Shorty Header eBay Seller - BUYER BEWARE!

I want to keep the cats original but want to step up on the exhaust, so shorty headers seem to be the way to go. I shopped and decided on a pretty good looking set I found on Ebay. They're stainless and not bad price. They are from a company called LPP Performance. I payed for them on Jun. 14th, recieved them on Jun. 30th. No communication, no tracking #, nothing. They seemed to be decent quality and great lookin tig welds. I started the install under the dillusion that they were going to fit. I took both sides off and installed the drivers side first, started on the pass. side. After I wound up with the eng. jacked up against the shroud I realized I was screwed. Took it all apart, put the stock back on. Proceeded to do the research I should have done in the first place. This guys ad stated (04+) I have an 07 1500 5.7. I didn't know that 04-05 takes one kind and 06-07 takes a completely different kind. I've tried to deal with this guy on the simple fact that his ad was misleading in discription and the headers he sells won't fit a newer truck. All I'm wanting is headers that fit my truck> his won't. He's slow walking me to the point that it's time to take a non-polite approach. This guys service is terrible and this is the start of what I'm willing to do to hopefully help keep anyone else from making an expensive mistake like I am.
Moderaters, if this is improper for this board by all means delete it. This is the kind of info I would want to know about. This guys as isn't worded correctly and his service sucks. Just trying to spread the info.
Thanks, Neal.:thk:

TheSatinPumpkin 07-12-2011 11:48 PM

Should put a beware on the seller and not the mod as a lot are happy with shorties. Just seem you went with a vendor and unfortunately for you their product and service turned out to be inferior.

snrusnak 07-12-2011 11:52 PM

^^^ true. seller is the one to watch out for for the wrong information/bad service.

Nitroneal 07-13-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay9 (Post 567340)
Should put a beware on the seller and not the mod as a lot are happy with shorties. Just seem you went with a vendor and unfortunately for you their product and service turned out to be inferior.

That's what I am meaning to do. Maybe I worded it wrong. I still feel shortys are the way to go for me and will buy a set of Pacesetters as soon as I get this mess resolved.
Thanks, Neal

snrusnak 07-13-2011 12:03 PM

Not to put down pacesetter, I've heard good and bad things about their products (none pertaining to the RAM), but doesn't gibson make shorties for the RAM? They are a very reputable company. I've also heard good things about a company on ebay called OBX. Just putting info out there...

deanthecrabman 07-14-2011 01:37 AM

Ebay and Paypal, both have ways to dispute transactions with sellers. I disputed a transaction with Paypal, on an item that I hadn't received. They immediately charged back the seller. I got the item about a few days later(obviously a delay in shipment, but the seller was no help in tracking it down). Good luck.

Nitroneal 07-15-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 567556)
Not to put down pacesetter, I've heard good and bad things about their products (none pertaining to the RAM), but doesn't gibson make shorties for the RAM? They are a very reputable company. I've also heard good things about a company on ebay called OBX. Just putting info out there...

These are good products, but cost is a factor. The gibson & OBX are about $200 more. The ceramic coated Pacesetters don't look bad. They have a diff. part # and picture for 06 & 07 models. I get this mess resolved I think thats what I'll get. Thanks for the input guys.
Neal.

snrusnak 07-15-2011 08:43 AM

^^ gotcha, the pacesetters I heard bad reviews on were the painted ones, users said they'd rust out in like 1 or 2 years. I never heard anything bad about the ceramic coated ones...

Reddog170 07-16-2011 04:58 AM

Thank You for the info!! I was about to order some headers he has listed for my truck. Shaun

Nitroneal 07-16-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddog170 (Post 569452)
Thank You for the info!! I was about to order some headers he has listed for my truck. Shaun

Good, you're using better shopping skills than I did, should've looked around better up front. This clown doesn't build or stock these, he just middle mans them. They're made by XS Power. Sposed to be 321 alloy which is a little better, would like to take some lessons from whomever welded them, Some of the better TIG welding I've seen on stainless. They are a resonable quality procuct @ a decent price, VERY POOR service and communication, I've been installing headers since '72, not my first trip to town, I can't get these turds to fit. Still no resolve as of yet with this guy. Last email I got he eluded that I was "incapable" of getting them to fit.