DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   My Hemi gets 24mpg (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87170)

robustRed 07-15-2011 12:31 AM

My Hemi gets 24mpg

Hey guys, im putting the word out that Diablosport has released a new mpg booster tune along with MDS smoothing and a slight performance increase for all MDS equipped Hemis(trucks,suv's, and cars). Ive been driving around town this past month (Houston, TX and 100+ Temps) getting 24 mpg at steady speeds from 40-65 mph! This is for anyone interested in purchasing a Diablosport Tuner for their Hemi.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you can now bark your tires going into 2nd!
Enjoy

Jonesey982 07-15-2011 05:20 AM

Dang, thats awesome. I plan on purchasing a Predator. Will that tune be available with it? If it is will it come with that tune pre-installed or do you have to run the update to receive it? Last question, what type of hp and tq gains should be expected?

PeterK 07-15-2011 05:46 AM

Oh do tell more. This sounds promising for fuel savings.

Jonesey982 07-15-2011 06:02 AM

Ok, finally got the diablosport site to work. I have no idea why it wouldn't earlier. So, I see it does come with the predator and trinity, but it didn't give you any numbers for hp and tq or whether it comes pre-installed if your buying it from their site. I know if you've had your predator/trinity for a while then you just ran the update but if anyone knows please tell. I don't really want to purchase the pc interface kit for 50 bucks is why I'm asking.

MoparMadness08 07-15-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey982 (Post 568865)
Ok, finally got the diablosport site to work. I have no idea why it wouldn't earlier. So, I see it does come with the predator and trinity, but it didn't give you any numbers for hp and tq or whether it comes pre-installed if your buying it from their site. I know if you've had your predator/trinity for a while then you just ran the update but if anyone knows please tell. I don't really want to purchase the pc interface kit for 50 bucks is why I'm asking.

Just buy th pc kit. You will need it eventually. You will prolly have to update it right away anyways. You can get cheaper than 50$. Speedlogix.com. Awesome to deal with.

Jonesey982 07-15-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoparMadness08 (Post 568867)
Just buy th pc kit. You will need it eventually. You will prolly have to update it right away anyways. You can get cheaper than 50$. Speedlogix.com. Awesome to deal with.

Appreciate the reply. Your right I think I've read on their site and on here that it needs to be updated upon arrival. Plus, I'll need it if I decide to get a custom tune down the road. I plan on running the 91 octane tune, but that gas saver would be cool for long trips.

mpkonig 07-15-2011 09:51 AM

Most likely....you will have to update it right away like MoparMadness said....and who knows ..you might actually get an extra special suprise and have it tell you that you have updated Factory settings that you can download for your truck.....its a nice piece of equipment....and even though it doesnt say really what kind of gains you gets...you WILL notice a difference from stock...plus you can mess with throttle response and such which will make your truck feel much faster also....i recommend it ...plus if you ever want to mod up and get custom tunes...you can download it right into the tool and into your truck..no middle man...awesome

robustRed 07-15-2011 01:22 PM

hp and tq gains are like 20rwhp and 25-30rwtq. but that all depends on where you live. upon purchase of your diablosport tuner, you most likely will have to update it. now you have 2 options for that. 1, you can buy their kit which is like 30 or 40 bucks which comes with a special PC cable and a 12v 1amp power supply. 2 you can go to radio shack and buy the power supply and PC cable. I went to Frys Electronics and got both the Power supply and PC cable for like 25 bucks. but make sure the PC cable is not a belkin at the pin out on the connector is different that connects to the Tuner. i will post all the options i have on my Programer on the nest post.

robustRed 07-15-2011 01:44 PM

The U7137 features with version 9t12c include:
Perf 93 oct
Perf 91 oct
Perf 87 oct
MPG booster
Modify Stock tune

Under any of the Performance tunes:
Idle adjust
MDS disable
Part throttle up-shift
Transmission Pressure Calibration
RPM Shift points
Rev and Speed limits
Throttle Booster up to 20% above stock
Tire size calibration
Traction Control on/off (off also disables ABS)
WOT Fuel ration and WOT Spark

* for both Fuel and Timing RPM ranges are
1k-3.8K
4k-4.8K
5k-7k

robustRed 07-15-2011 01:48 PM

and all tunes come with an increased shift pressure for increased performance. this helps with clutch slippage to increase its life. This is also what makes those big tires chirp going into second!