DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Please advise on tuner..I have no idea! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87284)

emmyshemi 07-16-2011 10:43 PM

Please advise on tuner..I have no idea!

Hi all...looking for advice on a tuner. I an looking for a boost in mpg's..performance, etc. What is a good tuner for a 09 hemi ram? I have a K&N CAI, and thats about it on engine Mods. I do tow a travel trailer, around 6000-6500 lbs. What kind of milage could I expect with a tuner? What kind of performance? How much do they run? do they effect my warranty? Any advice for a rookie would be appreciated. My normal milage is about 13.5 city..18.5-19 hwy.Towing...around 9-10 mpg...outch. I am the original owner with the lifetime powertrain warranty.

GeauxHunting 07-17-2011 02:58 AM

You should go with a Diablosport Predator. Great increase in performance slight MPG increase, unless you run the MPG booster tune. You can also load your stock tune back on before bringing it back to the dealershit so you don't run into any warranty issues. I picked up my DSP on ebay for around $300

notnks 07-17-2011 04:48 AM

I was reading on here somewhere that the diablo just came out with a new mpg boost tune and some people are getting 23 & 24 mpg.... but.... I noticed that the trucks getting that kind of mileage were 08's and older. Has anyone with an 09 or newer used this new tune? and what kind of mileage did you get?

DBryant 07-18-2011 08:21 AM

The tuner will void your warranty if the dealer finds out. A tuner can increase your power slightly, hardly noticeable, but more power, better milage, just don't add up. You will never get better milage pulling a 6000 pound trailer, no matter what, unless you drive down hill all the time.

916Timmy 07-18-2011 09:49 AM

I just ordered the DSP for my 2010, I'll play with itas soon as I get it and let ya know! :)

notnks 07-18-2011 02:42 PM

:smiley_thumbs_up:Thank's. I plan on getting a tuner when I get back to the states(sand box..:wavey: ) but I'm on the fence as to which one to get. The mileage will probably be the deciding element between the SC and DS. I'm more worried about mileage but I do like the extras too,fog lights on with brights, mds off,eswhatever off etc..etc.. thanks again:smiley_thumbs_up:

dodgerammer09 07-18-2011 02:58 PM

Hi there, i have also the Predator for my Ram.

On the latest update, there was indeed a new tune, the mpg boost.
I didn't installed it yet, so i can't help you out with that sorry...

Maybe i can try it next month when i'm on vacation with the truck, riding from Belgium to France :4-sunshine:

ballcap 07-18-2011 07:00 PM

I just ordered my DS on EBAY. what is the best tune and are there diff places to get them or just there web page.

dodgerammer09 07-18-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballcap (Post 571040)
I just ordered my DS on EBAY. what is the best tune and are there diff places to get them or just there web page.

you can find a lot of stores also on ebay, but check the prices, they can vary from shop to shop.

i ordered mine straight from Diablo, was the cheapest at that moment and i tink it's still is ;)

i have the 87 tune installed, runs properly, also on gas (LPG) because here in belgium the fuel is really expensive so we ride on lpg :shy2:

Wildcat 07-20-2011 04:14 PM

Did they get the passing gear downshift shudder issue resolved?