DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Power folding mirrors (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87738)

riggz 07-22-2011 12:21 PM

Power folding mirrors

Just got to looking at my truck last night and noticed there is what looks like a space between the L and R mirror control buttons that could be used for a power fold option that would fold the side mirrors. Obviously my truck doesn't do this, but is that an option available? I couldn't find anything on Dodge's website that stated they actually power fold....

erm 07-22-2011 12:23 PM

No, it's not an option. But that's a good thought!

riggz 07-22-2011 12:25 PM

What a bummer. That would make squeezing in my garage a bit easier...

erm 07-22-2011 12:28 PM

I can't get mine entirely into the garage...it's too long!!! :D

gysnst2 07-22-2011 12:28 PM

It is funny you ask because my owners manual tell's you to push the center button to fold the mirrors if equipped? I had ask this question to my dealer when I first bought my truck. He said the longhorn has that option standard. But I have yet to see this option on any Ram.

riggz 07-22-2011 12:31 PM

Yeah, I can just BARELY fit. The bumper is about 2-3" from the back wall, and about another 2-3" from the garage door when closed. I'm determined to park in the garage since I paid extra to have a higher garage door (8') in our newly built house. I never thought about depth...

So I just ordered some rubber parking stoppers to put down that will let me know when I'm in the right spot so I don't back into the wall.

erm 07-22-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gysnst2 (Post 573834)
It is funny you ask because my owners manual tell's you to push the center button to fold the mirrors if equipped? I had ask this question to my dealer when I first bought my truck. He said the longhorn has that option standard. But I have yet to see this option on any Ram.

Really???? I have never seen that. I guess I better spend a little more time in the cabin of a new Ram with the owner's manual in my lap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riggz (Post 573836)
Yeah, I can just BARELY fit. The bumper is about 2-3" from the back wall, and about another 2-3" from the garage door when closed. I'm determined to park in the garage since I paid extra to have a higher garage door (8') in our newly built house. I never thought about depth...

So I just ordered some rubber parking stoppers to put down that will let me know when I'm in the right spot so I don't back into the wall.

If I moved my wife's glass making bench and supplies I might be able to get it in all the way. It would be a very tight squeeze!

riggz 07-22-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gysnst2 (Post 573834)

Ah yeah! I just looked and it says this on Page 97-98:

Quote:

Power Folding Outside Mirrors If Equipped
If equipped with power folding mirrors, they can be
electrically folded rearward and unfolded into the drive
position. The power folding mirrors are designed to
operate if the vehicle is stationary or traveling at speed of
less than 35 mph (56 km/h). At speeds greater than 35 mph (56 km/h), the fold feature will be disabled,
however the mirrors will attempt to unfold at any speed.
If you attempt to unfold the mirrors at high speeds, they
may not fully unfold - slow down and try again.
The switch for the power folding mirrors is located
between the power mirror switches L (left) and R (right).
Press the switch once and the mirrors will fold in,
pressing the switch a second time will return the mirrors
to the normal driving position.

6t6gto 07-22-2011 12:51 PM

I fold only the D/S in pulling in the garage and leave the P/S out.Helps alot and pop it out when I back the truck out.

gysnst2 07-22-2011 12:52 PM

See what I was saying. So why the heck can we not have them. When you are buying your truck you think they are power folding. Just one of those things you never think to question till it's to late.