A Little Help with Mods
I've been reading the threads about CAI regarding the pro and cons. Still not 100% sure about going that route just yet but I did have a few questions.
1. If a CAI is installed does the computer need to be reprogramed?
2. I'm sure an after market CAI voids the warranty, so has anyone tried the Mopar CAI? If so, what do you think and how much did it cost you installed?
1. Has anyone tried the Mopar Performance Cat back? If so, what do you think and how much did you spend?
Welcome to the forum! In answer to your questions:
1. No. The PCM (computer) in our vehicles adapts to the change in air volume. It does take a few ignition cycles + some driving in several different modes (cruising slow around town, cruising at freeway speeds, a few WOT blasts :)) to get it there.
2. An aftermarket CAI may void a warranty if it is the direct cause of a failure or damage to an OEM part or system. So, if you get a CAI get a good quality one and stay away from the eBay cheapies. There's more on buyer and seller rights with respects to warranty under the Magnusson-Moss Act. I purchased an AFE CAI (good quality I might add) and it works great. Got an end of month deal directly from them. Don't remember the exact cost but it was less than $200 with shipping. I installed it myself...it's an easy mod to do.
3. The MOPAR catback is a nice unit, made for Dodge by Borla or Gibson - not sure - and sounds pretty good. Pretty dang expensive, too. You can get a catback of the same quality for a lot less. And you don't really need a full catback (IMHO) if all you want to do is improve flow. All you need for that is to get a freer flowing muffler.
So good luck with the mods and just keep askin' those questions. We don't mind helping out.
I'm pretty sure I'm going top do the Mopar CAI to avoid the issue of voiding my warranty. Now I need to find where to purchase it. The dealer wants way too much.
I still need to do some investigating for the Cat back/mufflers. Not sure which way to go yet.
MOPAR accessories are usually sold by dealers or online MOPAR authorized sellers. I do know of a good one that I've dealt with a lot. They always beat my local dealer's price by quite a bit.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger