DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Red security light? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88156)

riggz 07-27-2011 02:24 PM

Red security light?

In the owners manual it says something about a red dot that will flash when the security is enabled. I have yet to see anything flash. Is this an feature that comes with the remote start kit (82212424AB) or are there extra parts?

Jixer 07-27-2011 02:32 PM

Check the lower right of your instrument panel after you lock your doors. It takes a few seconds to start, but check there to see if you have a red flashing light. I don't think it is part of the remote start

300MAG 07-27-2011 08:34 PM

^^^^^just what he said , security alarm comes is part of the remote start package however the security alarm is standard on sport trim.

riggz 07-28-2011 05:28 PM

I locked the doors and sat for about a minute. all the lights went out and still no flashing red light....

Jixer 07-28-2011 05:52 PM

OK, get in the truck, lock the doors with the key fob, wait a minute and then open the door as if you were getting out. This should set off the alarm. Simply unlock the doors with the key fob and it should shut off the alarm. (If you're curious, I know this from first hand experience. And FYI, I wouldn't try it at 1:30 a.m. while the wife is sleeping.....they tend to get REAL mad!! hehehe But it WAS my first day with the truck!)

Wayne084 07-28-2011 07:33 PM

It's the same light that comes on when you turn the key to the ON position

riggz 07-28-2011 10:13 PM

Ok so I see the little red dot when the gauge lights all light up during the initial start up, but still nothing when I hit the remote lock button. I sat in the truck, locked it and then unlocked it with no alarm. I guess I don't have this?

300MAG 07-28-2011 10:39 PM

did you lock the door with the remote than try to unlock and open the door with the emergency key...I know this will set off the alarm-horn honks(dont ask how I know this). If not I would go ask the dealer, it shows its standard equipment on the sport trim.

TerryH 07-28-2011 10:47 PM

The alarm arms when you push the lock button on the key fob while the driver's door is still open. If you push the lock with the doors closed it does not arm the alarm according to my owner's manual anyhow.

riggz 07-29-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300MAG (Post 578645)
did you lock the door with the remote than try to unlock and open the door with the emergency key...I know this will set off the alarm-horn honks(dont ask how I know this). If not I would go ask the dealer, it shows its standard equipment on the sport trim.

Where do you see that it shows as standard equipment on the sport trim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryH (Post 578657)
The alarm arms when you push the lock button on the key fob while the driver's door is still open. If you push the lock with the doors closed it does not arm the alarm according to my owner's manual anyhow.

That wouldn't make much sense to not be able to arm it unless the door was open. Where do you see this in the manual? I am not able to find any reference to this.