DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Brake lights not working (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88413)

gkconcepts 07-30-2011 06:08 PM

Brake lights not working

Hey guys, I hope someone can help with this. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 and my brake lights have stopped working.

A light keeps coming on in the truck that says lamp out.

I then found out my brake lights were not working. The third brake light above the cab works but the two back sides ones do not.

I have checked the fuses with a light tester. All light up fine. I replaced the bulbs. All other park, turn, and headlights work. Also the wires going to the 7 way plug at the rear are working for brakes. The white/brown wire at the brake switch is working. Getting frustrated. Please help, Thanks, Glenn

BlueJet 07-30-2011 08:25 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! I don't have an answer for you but others here will.

yamifz1 07-31-2011 08:43 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum great to have you here.you seem to have covered all the bases,you have power all the way to the bulbs. All I can suggest is to remove the bulbs and clean the contacts as they may have some corrosion on them, hopefully that will work.
When you get a chance why don't you post a few pictures of your truck.

CajunDodge 07-31-2011 11:34 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sounds like you've already checked everything I would suggest so hopefully someone here will have some advice for you, but good luck! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

wylie 07-31-2011 11:45 AM

brake lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkconcepts (Post 579935)
Hey guys, I hope someone can help with this. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 and my brake lights have stopped working.

A light keeps coming on in the truck that says lamp out.

I then found out my brake lights were not working. The third brake light above the cab works but the two back sides ones do not.

I have checked the fuses with a light tester. All light up fine. I replaced the bulbs. All other park, turn, and headlights work. Also the wires going to the 7 way plug at the rear are working for brakes. The white/brown wire at the brake switch is working. Getting frustrated. Please help, Thanks, Glenn

That is a real gremlin you have. What do you get at the socket of the brake light where it plugs into the red lens? This kinda smells like a broken ground wire at the back end.

old hot rod 07-31-2011 06:34 PM

Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us!!!
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

RedRam10 07-31-2011 07:07 PM

Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck? :Hey:

brad12kx 07-31-2011 10:07 PM

Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

This just screams FCM (Front Control Module). It's located under the IPM (Integrated Power Module - AKA Fuse Box). It directly drives the brake lamps.

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!

gkconcepts 08-02-2011 08:32 PM

Thanks

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, I'll give those things a shot and see if I make any headway. Man I hope it's not the FCM! Also here's a pic of my truck. I have done a custom paint job, tonneau cover, spray in liner, flowmaster exaust, aftermarket headlights, alpine head unit, jl audio mids and tweets, and rockford sub with alpine amp.

harlyrider66 11-10-2011 02:42 AM

power control module (fuse box)

I am having the same problem right now with my 2007 Ram 1500, brake lights don't work and neither do the turn signals but the cab brake lights work. Took it to the dealer and they said its the control module which is located in the fuse box it looks like a motherboard. They said a new one is 800.00, They told me that I had to buy a new one because once one is programed to a vehicle then it can't be reprogrammed to another one. I was wondering if that was true and if anyone had an answer to that