DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   2011 July - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88452)

BlueJet 07-31-2011 09:24 AM

2011 July - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our July Winner !!

chefred112

And now a word from your winner.....

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s...g/PC301472.jpg

First, I want to thank you all who nominated and voted for me. Am truly honored and humbled to be even considered for MOTM..much less win. I truly believe in karma, to give of myself, not expecting any in return so that life would be kind to me. My name is Fred Valdez and I live out here in that S.F. bay Area of California. I am 50 years old but feel like a kid when it comes to my Ram… Who would of thought that watching the “That thing have a Hemi?” commercials years ago would have a profound effect on the purchase of my baby..an 05 Hemi QC. When I first picked up my Ram I never dreamed that I wound tinker with it any more than the typical CAI, catback exhaust and programmer for performance. But the vast resources of the internet..especially forums changed my thinking. I’ve met a ton of guys on the forums that I can call friends. After following early on when the first few guys were installing 6.1 cams (no other options at the time) and having success with it did I decide to jump in the pool and take the next step. But here’s what really changed my life in the Dodge brotherhood community.. I was able to acquire a 6.1 cam from someone who bought it but never installed it. Then it sat on my desk at work for almost a year because I didn’t know who or where I was going to have it installed. Then out of the blue, a fellow forum member on one of the threads asked me if I ever got that cam installed. Now mind you, he lived in El Paso, TX at the time… and long story short, he volunteered to come out and do my install. That gesture totally had an effect on how I would share the knowledge with others. After more tinkering and modding and being exposed to the track for the very first time, I went from the guy just wanting a nice performing truck to the quickest ¼ mile hemi na qc (stock block) back in the beginning of 09. At the same time I was also sharing the same knowledge and experiences with other forum members by arranging mod gtg’s at my home to do stuff like cam/head/tq vertor/tranny installs and swaps. Before owning my Ram, my extent of skills was oil changes, brakes and spark plugs. Now, I’ve got a hemi engine block on a stand in the garage that I am currently stroking…man I’ve come a long way and will never forget how I got here in such a short period of time. I love the Z, like family to me..and love helping others get what they want out of their trucks… thank you all and thank you Z for giving me this opportunity to share…

-FastFreddie-

The Codes 07-31-2011 12:42 PM

Congradulations man, awesome story. Hope to follow in your stories steps one of these days.

CajunDodge 07-31-2011 12:46 PM

Congrats Fred, well deserved win man, we all appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience! Very nice write up, cool story and you have one sweet Ram!!! :smileup:

- Cajun

GTyankee 07-31-2011 01:01 PM

Congratulations Fred,
you have helped so many people in here, many of them you will never meet, or in many cases not even know that you answered a question that they were wondering about & didn't want to ask

Stump3r 07-31-2011 01:14 PM

Congrats Fred! Keep up the great work!

RockyRam 07-31-2011 01:18 PM

Congrats on the win bro!!

916Timmy 07-31-2011 01:32 PM

Great to see you on the top step Freddie! I am truly glad that you are here and offer so much to everyone.

CJ.2007Ram 07-31-2011 01:52 PM

Congratulations on the MOTM win.

erm 07-31-2011 01:55 PM

Congratulations, Fast Freddie!!! A well deserved MOTM win for sure.

Welcome to the Orange Badge Club. :D

GeauxHunting 07-31-2011 01:58 PM

Congrats on the win man!