DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (
-   -   4th time in the shop! (

desdak4 07-31-2011 04:23 PM

4th time in the shop!
Well my 2010 Ram 1500 with 6500 miles on it is in the shop for the 4th time. This is the third time for a Thermostat code and it has had new bumpers once but the rear one is rusting again. Pretty fed up!!!!!!!!

Studbuster 07-31-2011 11:24 PM

Check your state's Lemon Law if your really fed up.

desdak4 08-01-2011 07:57 AM

Yeah, been researching it. I guess my biggest problem is I really like this truck. I hope it works out so i can get to modding it LOL.

m4verick03 08-01-2011 10:36 AM

I've got an 11 with 13.5k on it where are y'all seeing rust?

JLSFF07 08-01-2011 02:32 PM

the rust i see is on the portion that wraps around from the rear to the sides of the body

Taxpayer 08-01-2011 04:02 PM

I feel for you. I know what you mean when you say you like the truck. I never owned anything like this before. What a sweetheart. I have the painted bumpers and there is no problem. This however does not help you any. Have them take care of it and then enjoy it the way you should.

desdak4 08-01-2011 06:17 PM

Just got off the phone with the service center and it sounds like they are going to try replacing the three heat sensors and see what happens. Also ANOTHER rear bumper maybe a front too BOOO!

Rutger34 08-01-2011 09:03 PM

I agree that the tech's in the shop should be able to diagnose a thermostat problem without you having to come back multiple times.

In regards to the bumpers, I say this from experience from Chrysler directly, the issue with the chrome is that the supplier of chemicals switched some of the formula in regards to the chroming process without letting anyone know. The chemical that was switched caused the chrome to get too hard causing tiny cracks in the chrome when they come in contact with rocks, etc. The chrome should be soft enough for the rocks, etc. to leave a tiny microscopic dent instead of cracking the chrome.

Another recommendation to anyone out there, undercoat the inside of your rear bumper. This will give it a barrier if any rocks, etc. hit it causing rust spots on the outside.

sprintertech 08-01-2011 09:45 PM

you may have gotten the original part number bumper put back that they keep dropping the ball.....should be an easy concern to diag!

desdak4 08-02-2011 10:46 PM

Well, I stopped in tonight and they are going to try the water pump assy. I guess there is a part in there they believe is causing an internal leak and telling the sensors/Thermo that the truck is not getting warm enough. Should know tomorrow. Also, truck the first one to return to our dealer after it's first set of bumpers so he think I might be ok after these LOL.