DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   diablo predator help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88488)

jesse fugate 07-31-2011 08:08 PM

diablo predator help

hello. sean from hemifever and i have been trying to put a custom tune on my 03 dodge ram hemi with a comp 268 cam. we have got one tune were it runs great and idles great but when i get ot on the open road and stomp it down the truck will shut iself off and i have to coast over and turn the key to the off position and then restart it. all the mods the truck has is a comp 268 cam, headsers, dual exhaust, dual air intake, throttle body spacer, jey chip stage to chip, and the diablo. has anyone ever had this problem. do u think the jet chip is causing the truck to shut off? any comments would be helpful. thanks

RamTex 07-31-2011 09:57 PM

yes take the jet chip off sean's tune is not gonna work with the chip on it. I would take the chip off and pull the battery for like a hour or so then hook it back up and try to re marry the predator and reload seans tune.

jpaul51 08-01-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse fugate (Post 580496)
hello. sean from hemifever and i have been trying to put a custom tune on my 03 dodge ram hemi with a comp 268 cam. we have got one tune were it runs great and idles great but when i get ot on the open road and stomp it down the truck will shut iself off and i have to coast over and turn the key to the off position and then restart it. all the mods the truck has is a comp 268 cam, headsers, dual exhaust, dual air intake, throttle body spacer, jey chip stage to chip, and the diablo. has anyone ever had this problem. do u think the jet chip is causing the truck to shut off? any comments would be helpful. thanks

Hey how do you like your comp 268? I want to get a cam put in and have seen quite a few people with that particular one. How much of a difference can you tell over the stock cam?

erm 08-01-2011 04:55 PM

I agree...pull the Jet chip.

HemiLonestar 08-02-2011 05:31 PM

Did you tell Sean that you had that Jet Chip in place?

RamTex 08-02-2011 05:37 PM

If he had i would've expected sean to tell him what to do but he might have overlooked it.

chefred112 08-02-2011 08:06 PM

I would pull the jet chip and the tb spacer...does sean know ALL the mods you have on your truck? the one thing is you have to be forthright with everything about your truck... are you sending him some logs? what are you doing about wot logging? have a wideband? what is it reading right before and when it shuts off?

chefred112 08-02-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpaul51 (Post 580738)
Hey how do you like your comp 268? I want to get a cam put in and have seen quite a few people with that particular one. How much of a difference can you tell over the stock cam?

you should be asking a qc owner about cam performance..what works in a regular cab doesn't equate to what works in qc's...although the 268 isn't bad for a qc but there are better choices...

jesse fugate 08-02-2011 09:30 PM

268 cam

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpaul51 (Post 580738)

i love the cam but i havent got it tuned just right. the sound is awesome. lot of mid range power. people all over town just stop and look and listen. i took it to the rod run in tn 2 years ago with the hypertech3 tuned to it and it was a hit. so, i guess from 50 - 100 mph really a difference with cam.