DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Weatherstripping between bed and cab? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88777)

snrusnak 08-04-2011 03:26 PM

Weatherstripping between bed and cab?

Anybody know what the purpose of the weatherstripping between the bed and the cab on each side of the trucks on 4th gen rams is? I assume it's to keep rain and debri blowing in there since the cabs/beds are contoured naturally in that direction...

rsg1963 08-04-2011 04:43 PM

My understanding is that this is a trim piece to eliminate the "gap" that would otherwise be there. Meaning it would lend to a very cheap look and seem to be 'mis-installed' without it. Too much light shining through and seem like the bed was too far back without it.
Wind, rain and debris can get all in there anyway (and does). The beds move quite a bit on Pickups (Fords are the worst for this) so the gap is needed.

LBZ HEMI 08-04-2011 04:59 PM

i was told by the dealer it was for aerodynamics keeps the air flow smoother thus less drag so i was told

BlackBullet 08-06-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBZ HEMI (Post 583370)
i was told by the dealer it was for aerodynamics keeps the air flow smoother thus less drag so i was told

heard this as well. dealer was really pushing aerodynamics on me too. i like it. looks good and sort of a debri shield. doors have it too.

highlandchef 08-06-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBZ HEMI (Post 583370)

It might be but the increased aerodynamic efficiency is probably very slight. I think looks has as much to do with it as aerodynamics but it doesn't hurt either.

joedw00 02-02-2014 04:44 PM

Low air blowing from Heater blower

I just bought a 2010 Ram SLT. I only has 10,000 miles on it. I have noticed that there is not very much air coming out of vents with it on high and recirculation on, I have search the forum and found nothing on it. Has anyone had this trouble?

ric221 02-05-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedw00 (Post 1316735)
I just bought a 2010 Ram SLT. I only has 10,000 miles on it. I have noticed that there is not very much air coming out of vents with it on high and recirculation on, I have search the forum and found nothing on it. Has anyone had this trouble?

I have not seen or heard of this issue. I have a 2010 ST, my heat runs like this Hot or Cold no in between. Have not tried the recirculation mode. Will try it out to see if I have the same issue.

bartlett 02-05-2014 09:18 AM

In my area we get alot of leaves ect in the fall. I looked in that area one time and it was full of leaves. My worry is the leaves/water rusting that area. I think I might remove the strip just so its not a catch all.

thebluegoat 02-05-2014 05:36 PM

The strip is there for aerodynamics. Something about keeping turbulent air moving or something like that. If you're ever under your truck, or look between the bed and cab, you'll see another rubber strip horizontally at the bottom of the bed which is another aerodynamic piece.

Gottarpon 02-06-2014 09:12 AM

One of mine fell off