DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Lifted and Modded 97 Sport (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89071)

jmopar20 08-07-2011 07:23 PM

Lifted and Modded 97 Sport

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some recent pics of my truck, I will keep this thread updated as I get things done...she had a 3" suspension lift on her when I got her, everything else was stock. Since then I've had dual exhaust with an x pipe and flowmaster 40's installed, I've done the throttle body mod, and fabbed up my own cold air intake (thanks to the help from the black mamba thread), I've debadged the truck, installed smoked euro tails and a smoked led third brakelight and I have some other plans for the future. Let me know what you guys think and if you've got any opinions on what you would do, whether it be performance or appearance advice, all discussion welcome!!

mr.lopar 08-07-2011 07:57 PM

is that an aftermarket throttle body? or original? i wish mine said holley lol

jmopar20 08-07-2011 08:08 PM

well i assumed it was original but idk??

MADDOG 08-07-2011 08:34 PM

Nope, that's an aftermarket unit and a good one at that.

Truck is lookin' great! With regards to the air intake tube, I'd paint it satin black to match the rest of your engine bay or red to make it pop. It won't stay white under there for very long.

jmopar20 08-07-2011 08:47 PM

my plan at the moment is to paint it orange, print out a mopar M and adhere it to the tube, then paint the entire thing black so that orange M really stands out. How you think that will look?

The Codes 08-07-2011 08:48 PM

liking it man, looking good

CajunDodge 08-08-2011 10:55 AM

Sweet looking truck man, really like what you've done with it so far! Like your idea for the intake tube, too, that would look awesome! :smileup:

- Cajun

jmopar20 08-10-2011 06:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I got the intake painted, I think it turned out alright!! Also got the passenger side headers installed, (this pic was taken before I was finished) the old manifolds came off no problem but a little word of advice.... ebay headers seem to be alright (these are 14 gauge, very thick and well made) but do not, i repeat do NOT use the bolts that come with them!! Go to your local hardware store and at least get some grade 5's....I had the front bolt break off in the head as I was tightening it, luckily its the easiest one to get to but I will NOT make the same mistake when doing the driver's side!!

BlackLaramie 08-11-2011 02:43 PM

Tube turned out great! The red M really pops out and gives it a great look. Keep it up man! :)

platinuminjected 08-11-2011 04:26 PM

lookin good bud thanks for sharin the pics:)