DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ground Force 3-2 ordered, couple ?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89115)

P Rod 08-08-2011 11:57 AM

Ground Force 3-2 ordered, couple ??

I just ordered the Ground force 3"-2" drop kit for my 2011 2wd Club Sport. I know there are a couple other good kits out there by Bell tech-and Mc-G. But i think the 3-2 drop just about right for my tastes.
I did a lot of research on this fourm but still have a few installation questions. I'm trying to get a head start and know what I'm in for once the kit arrives.

1. Is it true that I will need to buy an extra kit to get the front end alinged back to spec?
2. I read someware that Ground force kit comes with a transmission shim, but I don't see it listed in the kit? (shocks,springs, bumpstops)
3. A spring compressor is only needed for the 4wd kits correct?
4. Are there any "must have" tools needed? or at least make the job go eaiser.(I already have air tools)

It sure would be nice to see the installation instructions before the kit arrives.

Any installation advice or tips would be great. Thanks in advance.:smiley_thumbs_up:

RedRam10 08-12-2011 03:50 PM

I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top! Hope to see you around!

P Rod 08-12-2011 04:34 PM

Thanks for the Bump RedRam...I got a lot of veiws but no tips:4-dontknow:..My kit is waiting on my doorstep. I did alot more research and it looks like I have everything I need to get it done tomorrow. Should be no big deal. I can't Wait...I'm sure my neighbors are going to think I'm crazy for tearing into my brand new truck. My wife already knows I'm nuts. She learned that a long time ago...

916Timmy 08-12-2011 04:37 PM

It is easy, just did a BellTech 2/4 kit on my 2010, not too bad at all. If you can rent a spring compressor, it will be a lot easier! Just follow the instrctions!

chuckie 08-12-2011 04:54 PM

I installed the ground force on my '11 r/t 2wd
1) front end aligned fine - nothing else needed
2) kit does come with trans shim
3) no spring compressor needed
4) I used jackstands, floor jack and bottle jacks

The real pain was the rear shocks trying to get to the top bolts.
ended up dropping the plastic rear wheel wells down a bit to get access

916Timmy 08-12-2011 05:25 PM

Yeah, I just pulled the rear driver side wheel well liner.

57hemisport 08-12-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P Rod (Post 585974)
I just ordered the Ground force 3"-2" drop kit for my 2011 2wd Club Sport. I know there are a couple other good kits out there by Bell tech-and Mc-G. But i think the 3-2 drop just about right for my tastes.
I did a lot of research on this fourm but still have a few installation questions. I'm trying to get a head start and know what I'm in for once the kit arrives.

1. Is it true that I will need to buy an extra kit to get the front end alinged back to spec?
2. I read someware that Ground force kit comes with a transmission shim, but I don't see it listed in the kit? (shocks,springs, bumpstops)
3. A spring compressor is only needed for the 4wd kits correct?
4. Are there any "must have" tools needed? or at least make the job go eaiser.(I already have air tools)

It sure would be nice to see the installation instructions before the kit arrives.

Any installation advice or tips would be great. Thanks in advance.:smiley_thumbs_up:

1. No extra kit needed. Aligns back to specs.
2. Mine didnt come with shim(9863). maybe it only comes for the reg cab. The rear suspension adjusts for pinion angle.
3. No spring compressor needed. Spring compressor are only needed when dealing with struts.
4. Air tools make the job easier, 2 jackstands and a jack.

P Rod 08-13-2011 01:37 AM

Thanks Guys, Kit is here and I have read the instructions front to back. Im ready to go first tomorrow. It's going to be like Christmas morning. I can't wait to get started. I will post some pics when done. Oh and I also have a 18"Mufflex arriving on wendsday. It going to be a good week.:smiley_thumbs_up:

916Timmy 08-13-2011 10:00 AM

Sounds awesome!!!

P Rod 08-15-2011 03:00 PM

Job Complete

My Ground Force 2/3 Kit arrived Friday at my door step. Packaging was in perfect shape. Saturday morning started the install, front end first. Everything went in according to plan. I followed the instructions perfectly. I was alone so I found it easeir to use a spring compressor(my buddy let me borrow his). Out with the old ,in with the new. Taking my time, it took me 3hrs 45min to do front. Rears went in just as nice. Removed plastic fender wells(a little tought to get out but well worth it). I used a stubby rachet and deep socket to hold the inside of the top rear shock nuts, used air impact to loosen out side bolts. Installed all new parts and drilled new hole to relocate rear sway bar. All torqued setting were supplied with instructions. Rear install time 2hrs 35min. Again I worked all alone and took my time.
Overall I am very happy with the quality of the parts supplied and installation instructions. The Truck looks Great. The profile is perfect to me.(not toooo low). The ride is firmer, but not at all jaring or bouncy. One thing I will say is lowering the Truck makes it look Smaller, it doesn't look like the Big Beast it once was.

Front Before 36 1/2" Rear Before 38 3/4"
After 34 3/4 after 36"
= 1 3/4" drop = 2 3/4 drop.

don't sound like much, but makes a huge difference :smiley_thumbs_up:

Pics are comming have to resize them a real pain in the a#%