DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Front seat problems anyone? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89148)

jwong71 08-08-2011 08:08 PM

Front seat problems anyone?

I have a four month old Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie w/Rambox. The cab came with heated/ventilated front seats which I just had the bottom seat cushions replaced via warranty. The seat cushions became stretched out and warped so it looked like a bunch of fat rolls. The replacements seem to be doing the same thing. I'm thinking its a design defect. Anyone else experience this problem?

I'm having the regional rep look at it sometime this week.

Razorbass 08-08-2011 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Laramie is also about four months old and I have had no problems at all with the ventilated seats. Still look new. Just took this pic for ya. Sorry to hear about your problems. For what we pay for these trucks, keep taking it back until it is right.

jwong71 08-09-2011 04:33 AM

thanks!

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one of the pics I sent into Chrysler that got me the replacement seats. Now the replacements are doing the same thing. It's not right!

Whitemanrt 09-07-2011 08:31 PM

I haven't had that particular issue, but the seat coolers just died for both driver and passenger. The dealer is replacing both fan motors, but because they both went at once, I'm thinking it could be something else.. I've had a ton of electrical issues with it since I got it. (2010, now just over 30k). Thankfully the leather seems to be holding up fine, as I know the dealer would probably tell me anything cosmetic like that would have somehow been caused by me.

jwong71 09-07-2011 10:01 PM

Ventilated seats may be the problem

Seems that the ventilated (heated/cooled) seats might be the problem. My dealership has been helpful but they aren't responsible for manufacturing defects or design defects. I suspect it's one or the other.

The regional Chrysler director has asked that my seats be looked at by an upholstery expert so I'm taking the truck in tomorrow. The problem has resurfaced...the replacement seats look as bad as the originals.

I'll keep the forum posted.

LL247 10-29-2011 10:37 AM

Chiming in on this subject...mine is 1 month old and I'm having the same issue. Actually the side of my seat is creased from getting in and out as well. Basically I took it to the dealer and pointed out the seats look like they're 5 years old already! Stretched, bunched, creased...really? Thankfully I have a great dealer, they haven't replaced them yet but said if they get any worse they will take care of it.

BOFslime 01-12-2012 08:53 PM

I've seen this issue on every single truck I've seen with these seats installed. They eventually go back depending on how bad they get stretched out (I'm a skinny guy). So far Dodge has refused to acknowledge the issue, likely because I don't think most people actually notice it.

I do tech inspections for Rally America up in MI, there's an older couple that comes every year too, and they just picked up a Ram with the leather seats. I asked them if they had the issue, they said no no. but when I saw the truck later, it was worse than mine. So I think this is a problem with the owners first noticing, and complaining to service/dodge directly about it.

wuneyewilly 02-20-2012 12:11 PM

I have a new 2011 with leather that are heated and cooled and they are stretched and deforming. I only weigh 190lbs. and over a year, it has <5000mi...so very little and spaced butt time for this level of deformation. I've read several complaints here and on cumminsforums.com where some complain the warrantied replacements do the same thing. In a 4x4 truck, when entering the vehicle, the seat is prominent in your field of view when climbing in. Hey guys, come check out my >$50k bean bags! It's a truck, yes, but I dont raise cattle and it isnt a farm truck to me, it's a "luxury" tow rig. Sorry, slightly frustrated...