DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Wheel and Tire suggestion (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89149)

glwhite 08-08-2011 09:42 PM

Wheel and Tire suggestion
 
Just bought my first dodge it is a 2011 white sport crew cab with leveling kit looking to put wheels and tires on. Tires i would like a good quit all terrain any suggestion on 18" wheel and tire size. Thanks for your help

snrusnak 08-08-2011 09:48 PM

I love my cooper zeon ltz's, quiet and capable. Look amazing as well, and made in the USA. My second choice was going to be the Toyo All terrains...

erm 08-08-2011 10:31 PM

Welcome to the forum.

What size leveling kit did you put on? That's gonna be important with respects to picking a tire size.

I run 285/75RX18 Toyo Open Country AT tires. Really quiet, wear very well, not the cheapest tire out there though. Got them mounted on some 18X9 KMC XD Addict wheels.

The tires are 34.7" tall but I have no fitment problems as I have a 4" lift. My thinking is that you could go with a tire that has an overall height of 33" depending on the height of your level kit.

Pics below:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/P7080010.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/P7080009.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/P7080011.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/P7080013.jpg

glwhite 08-08-2011 10:45 PM

maddog nice truck what size backspacing do I need and i'm going to run bf goodrich ko tires they are alittle under 33. thanks for your help. I think it is a 2" level kit

Infekt 08-08-2011 10:55 PM

As a X owner of a tire shop and sold thousands of tires, my favorite for trucks is still BFG AT KO's. They are fairly quiet, amazing traction and they are snowflake, which means they pass winter condition tires and you will never be ticketed for driving in dangerous mountain passes durring the winter seasons, with non winter approved tires.

I will be putting a set on shortly, Im not a Goodyear fan, have never had a good set. But I told the wife that I wouldnt spend any money on the truck for the first 6 months. 3 more to go!

jdubsss 08-09-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infekt (Post 586349)
As a X owner of a tire shop and sold thousands of tires, my favorite for trucks is still BFG AT KO's. They are fairly quiet, amazing traction and they are snowflake, which means they pass winter condition tires and you will never be ticketed for driving in dangerous mountain passes durring the winter seasons, with non winter approved tires.

I will be putting a set on shortly, Im not a Goodyear fan, have never had a good set. But I told the wife that I wouldnt spend any money on the truck for the first 6 months. 3 more to go!

What do you think of the Cooper Zeon LZTs? Looking into those heavily... mix of highway/city driving and in NJ we see all types of weather including heavy snow at times.

RedRam10 08-09-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwhite (Post 586339)
maddog nice truck what size backspacing do I need and i'm going to run bf goodrich ko tires they are alittle under 33. thanks for your help. I think it is a 2" level kit

Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask ~ How about posting a few photos of your truck? I'm here to point you to our Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself.

As for back spacing, are you getting new wheels? Standard offset should work if you are staying with 33"'s or smaller.
:Hey:

Infekt 08-09-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubsss (Post 586430)
What do you think of the Cooper Zeon LZTs? Looking into those heavily... mix of highway/city driving and in NJ we see all types of weather including heavy snow at times.

They are a great tire. Very nice tread pattern and look great due to the aggressive shoulder. Snow traction is good. A bit louder then some, but not very, most wont even notice. Im just picky about things like that.

glwhite 08-09-2011 01:20 AM

i want 33 bfg is that the same as 285/65/18

snrusnak 08-09-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

They are a great tire. Very nice tread pattern and look great due to the aggressive shoulder. Snow traction is good. A bit louder then some, but not very, most wont even notice. Im just picky about things like that.
Just to give some more input....I've had these cooper zeon LTZ's for a few months now and almost 10k miles, they are the best tire I've ever had on my trucks. I used to run pirelli scorpions and the were great, these coopers are even better. I've never noticed any more noise with these than I did with the stock good years, even at 70 and 80 mph. I was amazed at how quiet they are. They wear great, look awesome, and although I can't comment on snow or mud capabilities as my truck pretty much stays on road, they do everything they are supposed to do.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger