DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Rhino or Line-X entire truck? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89221)

Luke243 08-09-2011 07:51 PM

Rhino or Line-X entire truck?

What are your guys thoughts on Rhino or Line-X'ing the entire truck, not the bed but only what you can see since I have a drop in liner (inside of bedrails for example) Heat? Weight? and most of all COST!! hahah I love the look and low maintaince and scrubability!!!! and no more rust bubbles!! what do you guys think? Anyone hae any pics or know of anyone personally who has done this?

snrusnak 08-09-2011 08:05 PM

I've seen this at jeep shows, I'm sure lots of jeep people have done this...although some other spray on liner, not linex or rhino...I think it looks ok, sort of dull and rugged...

Stangshcky12 08-10-2011 01:17 AM

Ive seen it on a bunch of jeeps and am not a big fan. Your looking at a pretty good chunk of change to have the whole thing done. I've seen quotes of 700+ just for rockers.
I just cleaned up the rust on my gfs truck and bed linered her rockers and in the process of her flayed. I used the duplicolor in an aerosol can. My brother did the same to his lifted Cherokee 2 years ago am it still looked great when he traded it in 2 months ago

rjs2005 08-10-2011 02:01 PM

The Line-X dealer I had my truck's bed sprayed at used his 2004 Jeep TJ as a rolling advertisement for his dealership. The interior and exterior were both sprayed, different colors. They also sprayed a bunch of the hard plastic interior parts.

I personally thought it looked tacky. I asked him about road noise vs. carpet, and he said the noise was higher. I asked about heat, he said the floorboard up front is hotter without the carpet. To clean the outside of the Jeep effectively, he uses a stiff bristle brush. I fail to see how that would be really more convenient than normal washing.

Finally, it's EXPENSIVE. Consider the truck bed itself. Just a basic, non- kevlar, black bedliner from Line-X typically costs ~$500. Yes, there are cheaper ones, but still- factor that into painting your entire truck and you will see the cost adding up quickly.

I'm not one to tell folks how to personalize their car/truck/jeep, but I would say I would not do that to a vehicle of mine.

snrusnak 08-10-2011 02:05 PM

It would probably be cheaper to paint the vehicle rather than line it...

I think the spray on stuff is good for durability though, I have a project vehicle that I want to spray the entire inside of the cab, and have no carpet or anything, keep it simple, just a plain dash and seats basically, and also plan to spray the firewall and underneath of the cab, again for durability. I bet just to get this done it will be somewhere around $1000 to $2000...

Luke243 08-10-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangshcky12 (Post 587179)
Ive seen it on a bunch of jeeps and am not a big fan. Your looking at a pretty good chunk of change to have the whole thing done. I've seen quotes of 700+ just for rockers.
I just cleaned up the rust on my gfs truck and bed linered her rockers and in the process of her flayed. I used the duplicolor in an aerosol can. My brother did the same to his lifted Cherokee 2 years ago am it still looked great when he traded it in 2 months ago

thanks for the replys everyone! i think it looks really cool and if i had the money id do it in a second! but Money is the key word there haha what do you mean your in the process of her flayed? and do you mean you painted her rockers with the truck bed lining in a can? or just regular paint?

erm 08-10-2011 06:18 PM

I've seen some show jeeps with it done. Mostly, I see lower rockers, wheelwells and some bumpers done around here.

I understand that everyone has a little bit different aesthetic sensitivity. If you like it, do it!

marshallsmith44 08-10-2011 06:30 PM

ive seen some truck fully linexed and i think it looks good just make sure you get the linex that never fades it stays looking shiny if you dont it will look faded out in about a year

Stangshcky12 08-10-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke243 (Post 587526)
thanks for the replys everyone! i think it looks really cool and if i had the money id do it in a second! but Money is the key word there haha what do you mean your in the process of her flayed? and do you mean you painted her rockers with the truck bed lining in a can? or just regular paint?

Flares, I usually post from myphone and it's hard to proof read.
I did her rockers with duplicolor truck bed coating. It comes in roll on and in an aerosol can.
Here's her truck
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/e02166f1.jpg
This was my brothers Cherokee, he had the rockers an his bumpers coated
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/p...2/223b79c8.jpg

Luke243 08-10-2011 11:48 PM

wow stang that looks really good!! i did some of the hurculiner on my girls horse trailer and it faded in about a week and was reallyyyyyyy sharp hahah...did you roll or brush on? how much did it take? how much was it?? im full of questions!!! and btw nice profile pic, i ride too!! haha