DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Proud of the ol' girl (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89302)

strang3majik 08-10-2011 10:45 PM

Proud of the ol' girl

Well...since I've moved here to PA...I've made two good friends...but...the sad part is, they are what you call....tuners.

One has an Acura RSX with a little work done and the other has an 02 Subaru WRX, both are neck and neck with each other...both race all the time and every other time the other wins...and, I will admit, both of their cars run very well, and they are both good looking cars. I'm not a Jap car guy, but, I'll give them some credit.

Anyway...

rewind to yesterday, I had the SS/T out and about, left the SRT4 at home. Well, my two friends piled in the RSX and I had the Ram and we headed out for some pictures. We rode around, stopped a few places, got some shots, etc.

Well...on the way home, we both made a right onto a long stretch of straight open road (a private road in Mexico, mind you...we teleported), I was behind them as I had no idea where I was.

So...he revs it up tires spinning out onto said road, I follow. Both of us all out, WOT. I hear that Acura winding out so hard I was waiting to see bits of metal bouncing off the street.

Me...in the Ram...was right on his bumper, so close that I actually had to let off a little (no passing zone...didn't want to be TOO illegal), but, clear to 95mph, I was all over him, never once did I drop back.

Now...I realize, its just an Acura, but, as I said, its a good running little car that my SRT4 actually has to try for...and, this RSX is just as quick as my other buddies WRX.

So...while not an extreme badass kill, I'm still impressed by the old truck.

I mean...we're talking a 4500lb truck with a 5.9L that made 245hp 158k miles ago with an o2 sensor unplugged so it'll idle correctly and a transmission with a dying torque converter against a 2500lb car with 200hp only 80k miles ago with some modifications putting it all to the ground with a new clutch and a 6 speed.

When we got back to his house (was a long way back from Mexico), I told him, "Not too bad for a truck, huh?"
To which he responded, "Dude...I don't even want to talk about it."

Dumb story, I know...it just makes me chuckle :)

RedRam10 08-11-2011 08:44 AM

:smileup:Good kill with the old girl!:smileup:

TheSatinPumpkin 08-11-2011 12:48 PM

Nice..... Is the 4500lb full street trim?

strang3majik 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay9 (Post 588084)
Nice..... Is the 4500lb full street trim?

Its actually a guestimate.

Last time I drove over the scales at the scrap yard with it, it was 4800lbs with me and my dad in it on the way out and a 1/4 tank of gas.

So...somewhere around there...haha.

And, his 2003 2wd, reg cab, short bed, hemi, weighed 5500lbs with both of us in it :Wow1:

We're 165ish each.

98sst 08-11-2011 03:01 PM

I'm tellin ya, you can run that Subie no problem. I don't know if i told you bout my I90 race, had camping gear in the back and a passenger. See a cobalt ss, 2009-10 sti, and an older S4 (the 2.7tt). I had torn the cobalt and the s4 70-115ish, the sti got me no prob but I feel that S4 would be comparable to your buddies subie.

The Codes 08-11-2011 03:25 PM

nice job guys, show em what the 2nd gens got :D

CajunDodge 08-11-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Codes (Post 588175)
nice job guys, show em what the 2nd gens got :D

That's what I'm talking about, well done! :smileup:

- Cajun

strang3majik 08-12-2011 01:08 AM

Haha...alex, I don't doubt it. I want to try him from a dig though, and he won't launch his car in fear of breaking it...lol

And...I'm still proud about the pullied Saturn ION Redline I took as well...back in my trucks younger days...haha.

Oh...and just found out something today that made this even worse for my buddy with the RSX...my front right caliper was sticking...hahaha. The inside pad was down to the metal and grinding...I thought I just had sand in the brakes :/

New brakes on it now and it feels a little quicker. Stops better too. Amazing how friction material on the brake pads actually makes it stop better.