DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   2010 Dodge Ram crew w/3.21 gears beating every Truck on the street!!! minus srt's&svt's lol (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89304)

miketen07 08-10-2011 11:31 PM

2010 Dodge Ram crew w/3.21 gears beating every Truck on the street!!! minus srt's&svt's lol
 
ok so i own a total of (3) dodge rams i got 1 2010 crew big horn 2wd hemi with a 3.92 gears and a lsd i gave my 2011 dodge small back doors 4.7L to my little brother and i drive my 2010 crew cab big horn hemi with 3.21 gears and a open rear end. i line up with just about everything. the 3.92 truck used to be the quickest of the bunch until i bought a diablo. the 3.21 truck barley stood up with the 91oct tune. then i rasied the shift points to 5900rpm and now the 3.21 walks the 3.92 truck. i raced my cousins 2009 little back door hemi on 17's with flowmaster exhaust and k&n filter and he does stand a chance. i raced a 2004 duramx crew with edge evo,afe intake, and 5inch turbo back exhaust and we stould fender to fender and he was on his highest tune. i thought i met my match thow against a single cab 2001 silverado with a 5.3L 2wd shortbed with long tube headers,intake,tune,exhaust,cam,and a stall converter and 4.10 gears. we hit it at 30-35 mph and everytime i had him by a few feet until 115mph so far this truck has 15k miles runs great has 20in wheels and with tuner gets about 22mpg on the highway. i know alot of you guys hate racing in your 3.21 gears but top end there awsome. but just to add i hate racing from a dead my tuck dosent pull until 4k rpm.

TheSatinPumpkin 08-11-2011 12:33 AM

Sounds good..................
Quote:

Originally Posted by miketen07 (Post 587825)
ok so i own a total of (3) dodge rams i got 1 2010 crew big horn 2wd hemi with a 3.92 gears and a lsd i gave my 2011 dodge small back doors 4.7L to my little brother and i drive my 2010 crew cab big horn hemi with 3.21 gears and a open rear end. i line up with just about everything. the 3.92 truck used to be the quickest of the bunch until i bought a diablo. the 3.21 truck barley stood up with the 91oct tune. then i rasied the shift points to 5900rpm and now the 3.21 walks the 3.92 truck. i raced my cousins 2009 little back door hemi on 17's with flowmaster exhaust and k&n filter and he does stand a chance. i raced a 2004 duramx crew with edge evo,afe intake, and 5inch turbo back exhaust and we stould fender to fender and he was on his highest tune. i thought i met my match thow against a single cab 2001 silverado with a 5.3L 2wd shortbed with long tube headers,intake,tune,exhaust,cam,and a stall converter and 4.10 gears. we hit it at 30-35 mph and everytime i had him by a few feet until 115mph so far this truck has 15k miles runs great has 20in wheels and with tuner gets about 22mpg on the highway. i know alot of you guys hate racing in your 3.21 gears but top end there awsome. but just to add i hate racing from a dead my tuck dosent pull until 4k rpm.


chefred112 08-12-2011 01:33 AM

too bad you don't live in the same town that kay or i live in...we'd give you a little run for your money:smiley_thumbs_up:

snrusnak 08-12-2011 08:40 AM

^ makes sense, the more elapsed time you can keep the motor in the powerband the more it will pull! 350ft lbs at 1000rpm pulls the same as 350ft lb at 5000rpm. The longer period of time you are in a range with the most torque the better! This is very interesting, I was looking at swapping my 3.55 to 4.56 but am afraid of over gearing it.... (I have 4.7L).

I believe timmy also runs a quick 1/4 mile with 3.21's....

CHVYKLR 08-12-2011 07:11 PM

if numerically lower gears were the answer everyone at the track would be swapping to 'em but it is awesome the DSP and shift point mod had such a huge effect.

rusnak, i'd still do the gear swap...numerically higher gears are a "torque multiplier"

snrusnak 08-12-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

if numerically lower gears were the answer everyone at the track would be swapping to 'em but it is awesome the DSP and shift point mod had such a huge effect.

rusnak, i'd still do the gear swap...numerically higher gears are a "torque multiplier"
I understand, but there is a balance. It's possible for a vehicle with lower numerical gearing to run a faster 1/4 mile than with higher gearing....all else being equal. You want to gear it so you spend the most time at rpm's where the engine puts out the most torque....

chefred112 08-13-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 588697)
^ makes sense, the more elapsed time you can keep the motor in the powerband the more it will pull! 350ft lbs at 1000rpm pulls the same as 350ft lb at 5000rpm. The longer period of time you are in a range with the most torque the better! This is very interesting, I was looking at swapping my 3.55 to 4.56 but am afraid of over gearing it.... (I have 4.7L).

I believe timmy also runs a quick 1/4 mile with 3.21's....

you can never over gear a 4.7, I run 4.56's on 30" street tires on 17's and never think that I don't have enough gear...and i still get good gas mileage..

snrusnak 08-13-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

you can never over gear a 4.7, I run 4.56's on 30" street tires on 17's and never think that I don't have enough gear...and i still get good gas mileage..
I have a desktop dyno and drag time program, and according to the program the same setup with 4.10 runs a faster 1/4 mile by like 1 tenth.

I'm debating between 4.10 and 4.56..... How is your gas mileage with the 4.56...primarily highway mileage?

Rayminator 08-13-2011 07:18 PM

Run it at the track, and see how disappointed you are.

It may have a sweet spot or two, on the street. But from a dig, it will be a pooch.

916Timmy 08-13-2011 07:56 PM

I called about 4.56's the other day, and I guess they need to clearance the housing a little...is that bad?

I also have a 3.21 truck, running 15.3 @ 94.5 when its 95 degrees out :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger