DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Wal-Mart Idiots... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89379)

BlackLaramie 08-11-2011 11:59 PM

Wal-Mart Idiots...

So I went to Wal-Mart one day... I parked at the very end of the parking lot away from other vehicles to avoid anyone hitting me. (I'm sure a lot of us do that! :LOL:) So anyways, I went in just to get 2 bags of ice, took no longer than 2 minutes. The guy parked a few spaces down from me was leaving, and seemed to leave pretty fast. So I went around my truck to find a DENT in my driver rear door... :smiledown: How? His shopping cart rolled into my truck.

But you know what REALLY ticks me off??? He was parked RIGHT NEXT to a CART HOLDER!!!!! :mad:

It's hard to see in the picture, but hopefully you can make it out. It's not a big dent, but it's noticeable. And I HATE dents!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...8/SANY0020.jpg

RedRam10 08-12-2011 12:03 AM

Looks like a job for "Dent Wizzard" you know those painless dent removal guys. Hope you get it worked out. Did you go in and ask to view the parking lot video to see if you could get a plate?

CajunDodge 08-12-2011 07:45 AM

That so sucks man, definitely feel your pain, not only had it happen to me but how can someone be that friggin lazy they can't put the cart where it belongs??? I know me, if I pull up and there's a couple of them even in the lot, I put them in the holder, protects me as well as other people. Courtesy is a lost art I tell ya. :(

- Cajun

Excoastie 08-12-2011 09:44 AM

I feel your pain. hope it all works out for ya

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 588664)
Courtesy is a lost art I tell ya. :(

Too true, but laziness is on the rise!!!

Exco

killerbee 08-12-2011 10:37 AM

Ouch. Good thing it didn't leave a scratch.

brad12kx 08-12-2011 10:54 AM

That just sucks! :3-angry1:

Like CajunDodge, I am one of those that puts abandoned carts in the stall, or push them to the store (I'm going there anyway...). I have however, been know to push a cart right into the path of a car that left the cart up against my truck (watched them do it). After they noticed me writing down their plate number on my notepad, they developed a slightly different attitude. :)

The Codes 08-12-2011 12:22 PM

I feel for you man, I work at costco as a cart boy during the summers when I am not in school, and you would not believe how stupid people are....and how often this kinda crap happens! sometimes while working in that parking lot I just say...what the hell is the world coming to when people wont push a cart with wheels 10 feet to a corral...and my advice would be to file a incident report with walmart, idk what their policy is but I know at costco if anything happens to your car in the parking lot they pay like a minimum of 1000 bucks deductable or something like that. Even if it was a stray cart that got blown into your truck by the wind.

DakotaBull 08-12-2011 01:03 PM

That sucks. There are a few of us at work that park in the outer 40 to avoid others. We have a general agreement to leave 1 spot between us. Wish others could be respectful of other's property. I hope the dent comes out cleanly.

Stump3r 08-12-2011 01:08 PM

Man that sucks. I'm like you and park as far from other vehicles as I can. Too bad common courtesy doesn't exist anymore!

GTyankee 08-12-2011 01:20 PM

sorry to hear about your damage, i also have door damage from a parking lot, but it was done by a door, not a cart with plastic bumpers. i had parked as far away from the front door as possible, at the property line, corner spot with a cement triangle at my drivers side. I came out & there was old beater parked against my other door, with at least 10 empty spaces all around that area. You can't control where other people park, now i park just about any where, dents & dings on front sides & rear, i just gave up

i watch Judge Judy on occasion, a woman had pushed her cart back to the store sidewalk & returned to her vehicle, it was a windy day & the cart rolled off the sidewalk & into someones vehicle, they had watched the whole thing while standing in line at the registers
the person that had used the cart had to pay for damages
( i still don't believe that case was wholly correct, wind is like an earthquake, you have no control over it )

Now stores are getting cheap, here Rite Aid rents a building, the property owner took all the overhangs off the buildings, every building now has a straight front, no shading, no rain protection, then they repaved the parking lot, painted it, took away the 20 foot shade trees. Took away the shopping cart holders, from mid june to late october, temperatures are close to 100 F. If anyone thinks for one second that i am going to push that cart all way back into the store, you have another think coming. someone under 50 can push the cart where ever they want, i will sometimes grab a cart & take it with me from the parking area, if the wheels roll right