DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Rear Window Defrost (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89500)

philpott50 08-13-2011 06:43 PM

Rear Window Defrost

I noticed that I am suppose to have rear defrost but there are no heating strips accros the back window. All of the other vehicles I have had in the past including my silverado had heat strips along the back glass. How does it work withouth having the heat strips? :4-dontknow:

300MAG 08-13-2011 07:37 PM

Solid glass window or sliding rear?

garner 08-13-2011 09:25 PM

I have the solid window with defrost and there are no strips. Not sure how it does it but it does and I prefer the no strips

philpott50 08-14-2011 12:21 AM

Sliding rear glass back window. I looked today behind the seat and around the top thinking maybe there is a blower motor or something and I didnt see anything.

New2Ram 08-14-2011 12:42 AM

I asked this same question a few months ago and the answer that I got is that I did not have rear defrost on my crew cab. The owner's manual says to pust the right climate control knob for defrost, but I was told that it is for the mirror heat. I would like to know how it works too. I guess I'll just have to wait for cold weather to figure it out:4-dontknow:

**edit...I have the power sliding rear window**

garner 08-14-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Ram (Post 589937)
I asked this same question a few months ago and the answer that I got is that I did not have rear defrost on my crew cab. The owner's manual says to pust the right climate control knob for defrost, but I was told that it is for the mirror heat. I would like to know how it works too. I guess I'll just have to wait for cold weather to figure it out:4-dontknow:

**edit...I have the power sliding rear window**

Whoever told you that isn't the smartest. Turning the knob to the right is windshield and outside mirror defrost so they were partially right. Pushing that knob turns on the rear defrost

53fireman 08-14-2011 02:52 PM

The right knob controls defrost for the mirrors and rear window (if equipped). If you have a rear slider, you don't have defrost. It's an either/or setup...

philpott50 08-14-2011 04:29 PM

I looked at my window sticker and it does say that I have heated mirrors and I have a rear defrost. It also says I have the power backglass.

garner 08-14-2011 05:55 PM

Turning the right knob all the way is mirrors AND windshield defrost. If you can push that knob and the orange light turns on then you HAVE rear defrost

erm 08-14-2011 08:16 PM

'tis easy to explain....

It's Magic!!!!

LOL...actually, it's a thin film of mylar, which will conduct electricity and acts as a heating element, which heats up and does the defrosting.