DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   NH exhaust laws (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89543)

2kram 08-14-2011 08:31 AM

NH exhaust laws

Hi all, new to site. after reading NH DOT page i feel even more confused. Does it really say the exhaust can't be louder than 95db???? What about the dual i saw in LMC with the dual resonator tips? It says 50 state legal but isn't a resonator like a glasspack?? I'm obviously new to trucks, so sorry for sounding stupid. thanks, ken:4-dontknow:

RedRam10 08-14-2011 10:20 AM

Welcome to the site; I don't have an answer but I'll invite you to drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself. Hope to see you around!

Voc1 12-13-2011 08:14 PM

This probably isn't a very helpful post, but...

Are you in a city or out in the sticks? Because I live a stone's throw from the NH border in a rural area and the NH cops have never harassed me or anyone for loud exhaust that I have seen. Maybe that's a down south thing?

I have run straight shorty drag pipes (very very loud) on a bike in NH with zero problems, for instance. But maybe I just got lucky? Honestly don't know.

I'm kind of shocked to hear about such a restriction on our beloved Live Free Or Die neighbors...you guys normally have the 'cool' laws. :)

JimmyTheKid 12-14-2011 10:45 AM

ive heard about noise restriction laws. but most cops dont enforce these minor things unless neighbors get upset. im from maine and my friends with loud trucks never get harassed, neither in ct

09nitetrain 12-24-2011 03:33 PM

95dbs is quite loud. i know ct have strict noise laws. my bike is pretty loud but i learned that as long as your not being an a-hole with driving or riding most of them dont care. but also there are sometowns where they just write you ticket for farting to loud aka wallingford ct, one town over from where i live.

SnoopyIsMyHero 01-06-2012 02:34 AM

That's what is on the books but in practice, no one enforces it unless you give them a reason to. I have a 450hp Mustang with true duals that you can hear a mile away, never had any issue. Up until last month, my daily driver was a 6.2L Suburban turbo diesel with NO muffler at all, just a pipe off the turbo. No issues. I live in the seacoast area and not in the sticks, btw.

GTyankee 01-06-2012 03:06 AM

The resonators knock down the sound
the exhaust would be much louder without them
& it would sound like your Ram was farting when MDS kicks in

FireSlayer 01-09-2012 01:17 AM

I havent seen anything about it, ive been looking at the laws two, Me and my old man have loud bikes (his being strait drags no baffles) and no one seems to care, most cops dont carry the equipment for it and like other people say so, they dont really enforce it. two areas to watch out for in NH is Milford Oval, and Hampton Beach as they do enforce in those two areas so ive been told.

SnoopyIsMyHero 01-09-2012 09:16 PM

Truth. Hampton Beach in the summer, they'll pull you over for looking at them cross-eyed.