DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Major Water Leak Driver Side (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89545)

Tonk 08-14-2011 09:30 AM

Major Water Leak Driver Side

Hello all , New to the site. I just picked up my Ram 1500 Crew cab. It's not even a week old. Today it was raining and I got in the truck only to discover the wkole driver side of the truck to be soked. I drove to a local store and on the way water was pouring down from the handle by headliner. It's Sunday so the dealer is closed. What do you think I should have the dealer do outher than repair the leak ? . I'm concerened about all the electronics being soaked rust develping and the carpet and padding becoming molded and stinking.

brad12kx 08-14-2011 10:00 AM

If it's leaking at the front, then it's likely the drain tube from the sunroof. Not common, but it has been known to happen that the tube is not connected at the factory.

If it's leaking at the back, that is more common, and is likely coming in at the High Level Brake Light. When it's here, often the back storage compartments under the back seat will fill with water.

Either way, your dealer will take care of it. I am not aware of anyone having any negative affects from either of these leak issues, other than the inconvenience at the time, so wouldn't fret about it too much. It's a bummer when this happens with a new vehicle, but stuff happens, and that is what warranty is for. :smileup:

Tonk 08-14-2011 10:07 AM

No sun roof. The leak is most likley comming thru the wind shield. The whole dash and floor is soaked.

brad12kx 08-14-2011 10:12 AM

That is very uncommon. I have only ever heard of one other with a leaking windshield, and that was after it was replaced, so yours is somewhat 'special'.

Let us know what the dealer discovered and how the repair goes. :)

Tonk 08-14-2011 12:55 PM

Just went out and discovered that the headlinner is dripping water over the drivers side door. The size is about 1 foot X 1 foot. Put a tarp over the roof. HELP !!!

hendog0311 08-14-2011 10:11 PM

Mine had a leak in that same spot as yours. The windshield wasn't sealed correctly from the factory. They removed the windshield and resealed it. Good to go now. Hope yours gets fixed.

RedRam10 08-14-2011 10:48 PM

:iagree: Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm here to help you navigate the site so after the leak gets fixed drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself to everyone with a few photos.:Hey:

platinuminjected 08-15-2011 02:01 AM

defently make that appointment when the dealer reopens

fiddlinbluegrass 12-05-2011 07:44 PM

Water Leak

I have a 2011 Ram 3500 and have a water leak on the drivers side leaking from the handle on the window arm, I took it to the dealer 3 times and just sent it back, after getting my truck back the 3rd time it was leaking worse than before. The truck does have a sun roof but they said it was not leaking, they sealed the cab lights, 3rd break light and said they never found the leak!!! They just came and picked it up again, not sure what to do now...
New trucks should not be in the shop more than in your drive way!!:doh:

crusher 12-05-2011 08:04 PM

ask a friend to help you

you go in the truck looking for water leaks while your friends use the garden hose to simulate rain on the truck, windshield, doors, brake light, handle, sunroof,... etc

then when you know were it leaks from tell the dealer,..

or tell the dealer to do all of that, after all its warranty