DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   warranty work leave you without vehicle=BS (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90029)

biggin152 08-19-2011 05:17 PM

warranty work leave you without vehicle=BS

Personal opinion here but I think it is bullshit if you have to take a new vehicle back so that repairs can be performed for warranty work and you are not provided a loaner. The stitching in my passenger seat is coming out, Chrysler says they approve the repair but the dealer does not provide loaner vehicles. I told the service manager I thought this was BS and wanted to cancel but once you start a ticket at one dealer and it is sent through Chrysler they will not approve it at another dealer. I'm pissed this was not explained when they took the pics. Anyone else delt with this?

Mumauber 08-20-2011 01:07 AM

I've had similar problems with my wife's 2010 Journey. There was a recall on the brakes, if I recall correctly, and we had to leave it there all day. That doesn't work well for the wife or I when we both rely on our vehicles for our jobs. We managed to make it work somehow, but it was a nuisance.

brad12kx 08-20-2011 01:35 AM

The way I see it, there are 2 sides to this -

1) The dealer is under no obligation to provide a loaner. If your TV quits working, there is little chance the stereo shop will give you a 'loaner' while yours is being fixed. Same goes for your household appliances.

2) In our modern society, we really depend on our vehicles...and I mean REALLY depend on them. Often, the failure of a vehicle can have a huge fallout both work and family related. IMO, the dealers need to better understand how even a 2 hour repair session can impact some people, and be prepared to offer a 'workable' solution.

Some dealers seem to get this better than others....unfortunately, this is the only area I could see my dealer improving on, as I 'depend' on my vehicle for business, so unscheduled repairs can be a little more than inconvenient. :(

GTyankee 08-20-2011 03:29 AM

my dealership must be different from most

if i am to have to leave my Ram at the dealership over night, i get a rental form Enterprise, up to 3 days each time
the only thing is i will NOT take a car, i insist that it is a pickup, they charge me around $25 each day for the truck
Luckily i have my Harley & the dealership has courtesy vans that take you home or where ever & pick you up when your vehicle is ready

Last time i told Enterprise that i wanted a pickup, the gave me a Ford 150, i checked the fluid levels, they asked me what i was doing, it was a quart low on oil. The damn thing was getting close to HOT, i checked the radiator & it looked like someone used it on a ranch for weeks, bugs, Straw, etc. had it plugged pretty much. they wanted to charge me for the dirty radiator. i told them where to place the lubricated dildo.
the tire had a screw in it, & the ash tray was full

they just gave up trying to make me pay for all the repairs, i had only had the pickup for 5 or 6 hours

novaken 08-24-2011 09:36 PM

Lol...makes me afraid to rent a car now...

pjs1660 08-24-2011 10:00 PM

my dealer either provides a rental or takes me to work with their courtesy van and delivers my truck to me at work fixed and washed

TORMENTOR 08-25-2011 12:04 AM

i agree, i dont like the fact that when they need my vehicle for warranty work or a recall, im stuck trying to find my way around. And because i didnt go to the dealer thats in my town to buy (terrible experience) I am out of their driving range for their shuttle van as well. It really does bug me sometimes