DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   predator vs super chip? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90061)

easely15 08-20-2011 11:10 AM

predator vs super chip?

which one would yall get for performance? and why

erm 08-21-2011 12:31 AM

Well...that question gets asked a lot so I'm gonna come out on the Predator side. Here's why...

1. I've gotten good results with them on two HEMI's.
2. I like the programming options. You may find the same ones on the Superchips.
3. I like the option of holding multiple tunes in the tool.
4. It's easy to use.

Now don't get me wrong...SuperChips may be just as good, just as easy to use and provide similar results. I do know that they do a better job of dealing with the shift firmness than DiabloSport. I just like the Predator.

TheSatinPumpkin 08-21-2011 12:48 AM

more variables involved for me than "get for performance". Stuck with SC3815 for shift options since DSP does not have it for my early 04 build.

snrusnak 08-21-2011 12:51 AM

To me, they are basically the same, but the main benefit of the diablo is that you can do custom tuning. I'm not sure if diablo posts their hp and tq gains on their website, but I know superchips does, and I really like that about it, so you know exactly what you're getting. There's even a dyno for mine on their site. I think you can get the diablo cheaper too. I love my superchips, and the two main reasons I went with it were that I've known alot of people with them that had good results and no damage, and I didn't really have any experience with diablo. The other main reason I went with them is that they are local to me, so that was a benefit to me.

05ram 08-21-2011 09:43 PM

Predator if you plan on a cam and/or heads. Basic mods=superchips, they also have the best transmission tuning. I love my SC3865!

Crash 08-21-2011 09:44 PM

Well I have never tried a SC but I did recently buy the Diablo Trinity and all I can say is wow that thing has woke up the beast in my hemi. I am loving it and am still learning all of its potential.
In my research i have read many happy results and a few who were not happy and all I can say is that if you are not happy with this tuner you have either done something wrong updating or installing the tune or your expectations are/were unrealistic to begin with. It is not afterall a supercharger or turbo (thoses cost thousands of $$$s)

ORT 08-21-2011 09:47 PM

Predator if you plan on doing major mods that will need custom tuning since superchips does not offer custom tuning at this point. If you are doing basic mods like intake and exhaust, then SC would be a better choice since the canned tunes are about the same but the SC offers better trans tuning.

05ram 08-21-2011 09:54 PM

Predator if you plan on cam and/or heads, Superchips for all your "bolt" on mods, best transmission tuning also!

Crash 08-21-2011 10:35 PM

If I did my reading right, the trans tuning you pay extra for, no?

ORT 08-21-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash (Post 595820)
If I did my reading right, the trans tuning you pay extra for, no?

I believe it is about $40, but I am not certain on that number.