DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What type of wax do you prefer? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90344)

SS4Luck 08-23-2011 09:48 PM

What type of wax do you prefer?

So i just used the last of my Zaino a few months ago on my Corvette, and have since moved out on my own (im only 22) and can no longer afford $100s on detailing products lol

anyways, Ive always used NXT with good luck for "'cheaper" stuff, and am looking at going to pick up a fresh detail kit tomorrow after work. Im torn between Ultimate and NXT, but mainly between liquid and paste.

Which do you prefer and why?

CJ.2007Ram 08-23-2011 09:56 PM

I like liquids because they seem easier to use. I have had decent results with zymol and good results with maguiers ultimate liquid. The maguiers really put a shine on the red beast but I found it isn't as easy to remove as they say.

The Codes 08-23-2011 11:17 PM

Iv heard good thinks about colinite wax, havnt been able to use it yet.. but it has good reviews and seems affordable, waiting to run some wolfgang scratch/swirl mark remover 3.0 and finishing glaze on it first, followed by some wolfgang paint sealant. The wolfgang paint sealant is like 40 bucks, and advertises lasting about 6 months, and you can put colinite on top of that every couple months/season? thats what my plan is lol

Leadfootluke 08-24-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Codes (Post 597408)
Iv heard good thinks about colinite wax, havnt been able to use it yet.. but it has good reviews and seems affordable, waiting to run some wolfgang scratch/swirl mark remover 3.0 and finishing glaze on it first, followed by some wolfgang paint sealant. The wolfgang paint sealant is like 40 bucks, and advertises lasting about 6 months, and you can put colinite on top of that every couple months/season? thats what my plan is lol

I have those products for detailing vehicles.

I use Collinite on many of my details and have at one time on all of my personal vehicles.

Here is a thread highlighting the beading of Collinite 845

Collinite will last as long as Wolfgang, if not longer. I have used both and that is a personal observation. Collinite waxes are industrial strength and have commercial use, but also practical application for vehicles that looks great and works even better. Wolfgang, however, will give the vehicle a different look, and is applied different.

Collinite waxes are mostly hybrids with solvents that do mild cleaning, synthetic polymers like sealants, and real waxes that create rock hard protection. The Wolfgang [WGDGPS 3.0] is a pure sealant. You can apply it and buff it off a day later with no issues. If you leave Collinite on the paint for 5 minutes too long you will be trying to remove concrete.

You can top Wolfgang with Collinite or any wax for that matter. It won't really increase the durability, but it will change the looks and beading characteristics.

Leadfootluke 08-24-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Luck (Post 597342)
So i just used the last of my Zaino a few months ago on my Corvette, and have since moved out on my own (im only 22) and can no longer afford $100s on detailing products lol

anyways, Ive always used NXT with good luck for "'cheaper" stuff, and am looking at going to pick up a fresh detail kit tomorrow after work. Im torn between Ultimate and NXT, but mainly between liquid and paste.

Which do you prefer and why?

Instead of that, try this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Colli...item2c50330ad4

I have gotten a bottle from him once before. It is only 16oz, but you need probably 1/2 oz to wax an entire vehicle, which makes it an exceptional value.

It is a liquid and works great! With your question about paste or liquid, it is mostly personal preference. Pastes are harder to waste product with, but sometimes take more effort to use.

GTyankee 08-24-2011 02:52 AM

sex wax is great for surf boards
LOL

brad12kx 08-24-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 597555)
LOL

Only GTyankee would know that.... LOL

I like liquid for glaze/sealant/polish and paste for wax. My favorite paste wax is Pinnacle Souveran. I find the paste wax goes further and makes less of a mess when applying with a power unit. It's all basically user preference. :4-dontknow:

The Codes 08-24-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadfootluke (Post 597448)
I have those products for detailing vehicles.

I use Collinite on many of my details and have at one time on all of my personal vehicles.

Here is a thread highlighting the beading of Collinite 845

Collinite will last as long as Wolfgang, if not longer. I have used both and that is a personal observation. Collinite waxes are industrial strength and have commercial use, but also practical application for vehicles that looks great and works even better. Wolfgang, however, will give the vehicle a different look, and is applied different.

Collinite waxes are mostly hybrids with solvents that do mild cleaning, synthetic polymers like sealants, and real waxes that create rock hard protection. The Wolfgang [WGDGPS 3.0] is a pure sealant. You can apply it and buff it off a day later with no issues. If you leave Collinite on the paint for 5 minutes too long you will be trying to remove concrete.

You can top Wolfgang with Collinite or any wax for that matter. It won't really increase the durability, but it will change the looks and beading characteristics.

well the reason I was going to use the wolfgang products was because I saw the swirl remover and finishing glaze used in a few videos with a porter cable to remove severe oxidation, and my truck has a lot of swirl marks and a few small oxidized spots so was gonna use the wolfgang to repair the paint. As far as the sealant I was gonna use the wolfgang but might look for something a little cheaper lol but yes I agree with your statements 100%

platinuminjected 08-24-2011 12:17 PM

both liquid and paste is good but i think paste is better and lastes longer so what i usually do is do a nice thick layer of paste and i usually use the liquid later on when i dont have as much time to do the paste its good for just the quick fix lol

CajunDodge 08-24-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 597555)
LOL

LMAO, haven't heard that in a long time!

I like the liquid waxes better, really seem easier to use.

- Cajun