DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   filters: oiled vs. dry (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90463)

BC18471 08-25-2011 04:47 PM

filters: oiled vs. dry
 
Looking into intakes and wondering what people have to say when comparing oiled vs. Dry filters.

Thanks!

platinuminjected 08-25-2011 06:54 PM

id like to hear this info aswell

SS4Luck 08-25-2011 07:13 PM

I run dry filters because I have seen how much air filter oil can eff up a MAF/sensors.

Dry filters just need to be washed/dried and re installed to work their best

Plus its cheaper in the long run cuz you dont gotta buy oil and all that other crap

GTyankee 08-25-2011 07:24 PM

all you need to know about air filters
http://www.knfilters.com/filter_facts.htm

07HemiRam 08-25-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Luck (Post 598657)
I run dry filters because I have seen how much air filter oil can eff up a MAF/sensors.

Dry filters just need to be washed/dried and re installed to work their best

Plus its cheaper in the long run cuz you dont gotta buy oil and all that other crap

The Ram's use a speed density system instead of a MAF sensor, so no worries of gumming up the MAF sensor. I run an Amsoil dry filter in my BFI and am very happy with the quality. I think dry filters flow a lot better too, air can't really pass through oil. :smileup:

BC18471 08-25-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07HemiRam (Post 598664)
The Ram's use a speed density system instead of a MAF sensor, so no worries of gumming up the MAF sensor. I run an Amsoil dry filter in my BFI and am very happy with the quality. I think dry filters flow a lot better too, air can't really pass through oil. :smileup:

I figured the same thing until i saw someone out up a link that showed in testing the oiled flowed more air. I thought that was odd. I will try to find it...

I was not aware that dry filters were washable, that's good.

Thanks for the feedback!

chuckie 08-25-2011 08:39 PM

This is a lot to read but informative
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

07HemiRam 08-26-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC18471 (Post 598680)
I figured the same thing until i saw someone out up a link that showed in testing the oiled flowed more air. I thought that was odd. I will try to find it...

I was not aware that dry filters were washable, that's good.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think that the oiled filters flow better than paper and foam but I think there are test on the Amsoil web site that show the efficiency of the synthetic dry filters out preforming the wet cotton gauze filters. I swear by Amsoil now after trying Mobil 1 EP and Royal Purple. I think Amsoil makes the best air filters and without a doubt they make the best motor oil. Being able to clean the filters was also a huge plus, no more messy oil.

JackDaniel 08-31-2011 06:28 PM

not sure what the filter is but I run a dry one for my Mopar CAI, and I love it, Ive had others in the past being the wet type, and this is much easier to keep clean and seems to look better after a few months whereas the wet ones looked dirty as hell.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger