DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Looks like there is a tune out for 2011 Rams (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90631)

dixieram 08-27-2011 10:50 PM

Looks like there is a tune out for 2011 Rams

Looks like bg performance pcm has cracked the code on the pcm/tcm. They are offering custom tuning for all 2011 Dodge hemi powered vehicles including the 6.4L.

brad12kx 08-27-2011 10:51 PM

Is this a tune....or a replacement PCM??

dixieram 08-27-2011 11:03 PM

I was also trying to figure that out. I think you can get it loaded on a handheld but in not sure. I plan on calling them on Monday to get some details. A replacement pcm/tcm wouldn't be bad either. At least if you had to take it in for warranty work you could swap back to the stock computer and not have to worry about any possibility of a footprint.

erm 08-27-2011 11:06 PM

You will use a hand held unit (Predator or S/C) and they quote a price of $350 for the engine management flash & $350 for the transmission flash. Buy both for $650.

I would be really careful and question them closely about any 2011 CJD application. Years ago they advertised the same thing for the LX cars and a few folks ended up with PCM paperweights.

BC18471 08-28-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixieram (Post 600152)
I was also try At least if you had to take it in for warranty work you could swap back to the stock computer and not have to worry about any possibility of a footprint.

Excellent point, this was one of my concerns about the programmers. If sh!t hit the fan, I was hoping to be able to put it back to stock with no record of any computer modding being traceable...

RadioFlyer 08-28-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixieram (Post 600152)
I was also trying to figure that out. I think you can get it loaded on a handheld but in not sure. I plan on calling them on Monday to get some details. A replacement pcm/tcm wouldn't be bad either. At least if you had to take it in for warranty work you could swap back to the stock computer and not have to worry about any possibility of a footprint.

If it were a raplacement they would prob want yours as a core. Otherwise it would be expensive to purchase, most likely you will have to send yours in for them to tune it unless they have a hand held. EDIT: I just went to their site, it looks like you can mail them your hand held and they can install the program in it as well...provided they have one.

dixieram 08-28-2011 02:52 PM

It looks like you can tune your pcm or purchase a tuned pcm. Or you can buy a handheld from them or send your handheld in to be tuned. There is an area on the web page about a quarter of the way down that says there is six ways to tune. That's where I found this info.

RedRam10 08-28-2011 03:01 PM

Hi DixieRam, a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. It's great hearing there might be a solution for the newer Hemi's.

I'm here to help you navigate the site so drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang!
:Hey:

SS4Luck 08-28-2011 07:08 PM

Im sorry, but I wouldnt trust a not well known company with tuning. So much can go wrong so easy. Until a majority of people have them and have debugged them i wouldnt touch a new product

11bigred 08-28-2011 08:26 PM

I was a big honda guy before my dodge and hondata is a huge name in honda tuning,this is similar,you send them your pcm and they send it back to you already modded or you can buy a manually tunable version via laptop.But the thing that sucked is if you had any warranty work to be done the dealership will see it when they hook up to the computer,im not sure how the dodge keys are but the honda keys only worked for that specific pcm so if you had warranty work and you didnt want the dealership to see the modded pcm you would have to send your pcm back to hondata and put it back to the factory specs......sucked cause it was 600 bucks to mod the pcm.