DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Cold Air Intake (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90720)

Stonednloaded 08-29-2011 05:26 AM

Cold Air Intake

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 just wondering what would be the best Cold Air Intake system to get for my truck...what will give me the Most HP gains I was looking at K&N just don't know what series to get or if another brand is better ...I appreciate all responses

Bruce E 08-29-2011 07:24 AM

I put the K&N CAI on my truck and noted an immediate difference. That was just over a year ago now. I believe the cast was around $400 installed.

Pull Ya 08-29-2011 12:42 PM

There seems to be 3 different "camps" when it comes to air induction systems.
1. All they do is look good and make a lot of noise, maybe some slight mileage gain and even less performance gain.
2. After I installed it I go much faster, do wheel stands and get 10 mpg more.
3. I get some gain in mileage and my seat of the pants dyno says I get a little bit better performance, but not as much as advertised.
Suprisingly enough the stock set up does a pretty good job by just adding a drop in filter such as a K&N. And it's a lot cheaper too.
Jay

rsg1963 08-29-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull Ya (Post 601063)
There seems to be 3 different "camps" when it comes to air induction systems.
1. All they do is look good and make a lot of noise, maybe some slight mileage gain and even less performance gain.
2. After I installed it I go much faster, do wheel stands and get 10 mpg more.
3. I get some gain in mileage and my seat of the pants dyno says I get a little bit better performance, but not as much as advertised.
Suprisingly enough the stock set up does a pretty good job by just adding a drop in filter such as a K&N. And it's a lot cheaper too.
Jay

^^^Yup this is pretty accurate. If you truly feel the need to replace the stock unit I would simply suggest getting one that is an actual CAI. Not one where the filter is in the engine compartment with all the hot air.

theweavman 08-29-2011 05:25 PM

There have been about a million posts and opinions expressed on this subject already on this web site.....I would take your time and review them and possibly the web sites of the CAI manufactures your considering....should help with your decesions

916Timmy 08-29-2011 05:31 PM

I am a Volant fan....better filter, better intake tube, still closed off from the engine bay and a scoop coming for ram air in the winter!

WIN!

chithead 08-29-2011 05:32 PM

Some GREAT info being posted already. Definitely take your time and make the right decision.

916Timmy 08-29-2011 05:33 PM

Thanks Daniel :)

TORMENTOR 08-29-2011 06:39 PM

Personally i beleive intakes add some performance over stock. In my old car (cobalt) i dropped 3 tenths and gained 4 mph in my 1/4 mile time with just an intake swap.

stricnine 08-29-2011 06:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
K&N Aircharger for me :smileup: