DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Anyone have luck selling their stock dual exhaust? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90874)

crazyrealtor 08-31-2011 12:26 AM

Anyone have luck selling their stock dual exhaust?

I was thinking of selling mine to help fund a cat back. If so what were you asking. I was thinking 200-300 as it has 8000 miles. let me know if it worth trying to deal with,lol. Thanks'

Also what are you guys running for cat back. I cant decide between the magnaflow or the flowmaster

crazyrealtor 08-31-2011 12:27 AM

Maybe this is the wrong section to be asking?

chithead 08-31-2011 12:30 AM

It's ok by me to ask here.

But... I don't see stock exhausts selling around here all that much. I see quite a few listed... just never see them actually sell.

wbowyer 08-31-2011 12:48 AM

This would be a Craigslist special. As for which exhaust, here is what I have gathered through my research (i'll limit it to the brands you mentioned)
Flowmaster:
Awesome deep rumble at startup and low throttle, however it tends to break up at higher RPM and some are prone to drone.
Lower cost than a full Magnaflow kit.
Mangaflow:
More mellow in the lower RPM, however no drone (that I have read) and the exhaust gets consistantly more aggressive the deeper into the throttle you go.
Superior performance to all other readily available kits except Borla.

My question for you: why don't you look into a muffler and y-pipe swap? It would be much cheaper and deliver a very impressive results. Take the saved money and get an intake!

crazyrealtor 08-31-2011 06:12 PM

I like the tips on the magnaflow and I see it for 495 so i was thinking if I got something for my stock exhaust then might be worth it

wbowyer 08-31-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyrealtor (Post 602800)
I like the tips on the magnaflow and I see it for 495 so i was thinking if I got something for my stock exhaust then might be worth it

I'll admit the 5" tips did help me go with the magnaflow kit I am anxiously awaiting; however, I have a single stock exhaust and the hd bumpers I'm getting accommodate the duals. Just some food for thought, and like I said I'm sure that craigslist would be a great venue for moving your stock exhaust. You could also call a local pull-a-part or something similar and see what they are buying the exhausts for.

crazyrealtor 08-31-2011 11:09 PM

yeah I have it on craigslist but the pull apart is a good idea Thanks!

Vinman 08-31-2011 11:14 PM

I sold mine and installed the Magnaflow & Y-pipe. I think it sold the same day I posted it or maybe took 2 days.

I sold it for $150 + shipping and I used the Magnaflow box.

The person I sold it to didnt want the muffler, just the pipes and tips so it was easy to ship.

I think The stock muffler is made of LEAD....:wow:it's really heavy

Thx

crazyrealtor 09-01-2011 06:25 PM

I hope I have the same luck,lol

BlackRamHemi 09-01-2011 06:45 PM

Moved mine on Kijiji (Canadian version of CraigsList) within a week
Guy was making a Single to Dual conversion on his SLT and already had a new Sport Bumper mounted.

He was shocked at the prices local shops were asking for a dual conversion with tips ($450+)
He was fine with the stock muffler/tips...just wasn't an available option on the Ram he cut a deal on at the dealership.

He was more than happy to pay me $200 for my like new take-offs
...bet I could have got more, but was happy to see it go and help out a fellow Ram owner.