DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   2011 August - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90890)

BlueJet 08-31-2011 08:06 AM

2011 August - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our August Winner !!

RedRam10

And now a word from your winner.....

http://www.pbase.com/lunabug/image/137642630/large.jpg

Well, I need to take a minute to say THANKS to everyone who nominated me over the past few months and for those who voted this month to get me to the point where I am today. It is an honor to wear the MOTM badge and to find myself in the company of so many friends here at the Ram ForumZ!
A little over a year ago I picked up a New Ram, having owned a Blue ’06 with the 4.7 I found myself wanting something different. The family needed a truck and with the son up in the mountains of North Carolina for college I felt we also needed a 4x4 – so the purchase of the REDRAM10 took place. And not long after that purchase I came across this site while looking for an answer to a question for a NEWBIE problem. A clicking in the engine and what seemed an odd scrubbing sound. I was given great guidance and soon learned that these are normal 4x4 and HEMI ticks. A few weeks passed and I soon began hunting for other answers and got more involved and … well you all know how addicting our trucks and the bond with other Ram owners can become.
Well a few weeks ago I opened a can of worms, so to speak, and mentioned something about a “FASTEDDIE” story. It started something like this…It was a few years ago, ok maybe more than a few. Seems like all of my fast cars and trucks were some shade of red. I had a Black-Cherry Red Chevy Malibu police interceptor I bought used...next was a 79 Trans Am in "arrest me red" no cats and opened shaker hood scoop, modified suspension...put it this way I ended up in traffic class to get a few points worked out. On a warm summer day I traded my ’68 Firebird convertible for a new ’79 TA and headed from my Uncle’s house in Chicago back to college in Laurinburg, NC. The trip was about 13 hours and as the car was new it didn’t get a real license plate, just a sticker on the front window. Well you can imagine where this goes a college kid who had watched Smokie and the Bandit too many times and an “Arrest-Me-Red” TransAm with no rear plate. I was careful and watched my speed – had a girlfriend that also kept a reign on the speed for me – still I had the pleasure of being stopped 8 times in that thirteen hour trip. Got where I had the registration slip in my hand before they stopped me. This continued throughout the ownership of that car. Even though I got stopped many times I didn’t get but one well deserved ticket. That ticket got me the FastEddie name and soon had me selling the T/A and getting a reasonable VW Scirocco.
Well with age and added responsibility of having two young drivers of my own to have to be responsible for FastEddie is only a passing dream of times gone by. Well almost; there is a two mile stretch that is fairly lightly traveled and it has seen the rumble of my Hemi as it hits the speed limiter at least once. :D
Again, thanks to all the many members here who have had a hand in my MOTM accomplishment and for all those who have encouraged and guided my own success here.

SS4Luck 08-31-2011 09:21 AM

Congrats RedRam10 :smileup:

Stump3r 08-31-2011 09:31 AM

Way to go Ed! Wear the MOTM badge proudly you deserve it buddy!

CajunDodge 08-31-2011 10:01 AM

Congrats Ed, well deserved win!!! Great write up, too, love the Fast Eddie story! Thanks for all you do here, keep up the great work and enjoy your new badge! :smileup:

- Cajun

916Timmy 08-31-2011 10:10 AM

Congrats Red!!!! You put in WORK and deserve that badge!!!

CollateralDamage 08-31-2011 10:28 AM

CONGO RATS! :smileup:

Stangshcky12 08-31-2011 11:48 AM

Congratulation buddy!

ORT 08-31-2011 11:53 AM

Congrats on the win!

Excoastie 08-31-2011 11:56 AM

Congrats on the win.

Exco

snrusnak 08-31-2011 12:59 PM

Congrats buddy!