DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Looking for a replacement Bumper, and Have a question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90935)

gideon 08-31-2011 08:24 PM

Looking for a replacement Bumper, and Have a question

Hi.. I'm new to the forum. I plan on doing some snowplowing this winter, and I was told they need to notch out my bumper to fit the plow. I'm wondering if a front bumper from previous years would fit.. anybody know. Thanks

SS4Luck 08-31-2011 08:37 PM

I cannot answer your bumper question, but i do know there is a snowplow equip option when filling out a "build your own" Ram. You might wanna check out that?

Hit the newbie section when you have a chance and introduce yourself and your truck!

gideon 08-31-2011 08:49 PM

I already have the truck, Its a crew-cab Laramie long-horn. What I want to do is switch out my bumper and temporarily replace it during this winter with any other that'll fit.

SS4Luck 08-31-2011 09:07 PM

OOO gotcha. Maybe fine a wrecked truck in your area and take the bumper off that to be notched and have a pretty summer one and a notched winter one??

gideon 08-31-2011 10:07 PM

I think I'm confusing the topic here.. I'll try and be more clear. I would like to know if I can use a front bumper off a truck from a previous year(s)

SS4LUCK.. I'm doing exactly that (junk-yards), but they do not have any 2011 bumpers

JumpSteady 09-01-2011 03:19 AM

I think that 2009 and 2010 would also work.

RadioFlyer 09-01-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gideon (Post 603013)
I think I'm confusing the topic here.. I'll try and be more clear. I would like to know if I can use a front bumper off a truck from a previous year(s)

SS4LUCK.. I'm doing exactly that (junk-yards), but they do not have any 2011 bumpers

I don't know if it would be worth the shipping fees but I have a gray 2009 ST bumper with no fog lights that you can have for free if you prepay shipping from louisiana. Contact me if you're interested, Jerry

snrusnak 09-01-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

I don't know if it would be worth the shipping fees but I have a gray 2009 ST bumper with no fog lights that you can have for free if you prepay shipping from louisiana. Contact me if you're interested, Jerry
There's a chance I'd be interested in this if gideon doesn't want it....I guess it depends what it'd cost to ship though...

RadioFlyer 09-01-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 603333)
There's a chance I'd be interested in this if gideon doesn't want it....I guess it depends what it'd cost to ship though...

I'm on my way to town for a job as we speak and will be in a couple of hours. I'll check out the shipping fees while I'm there and get back with you later. But let's see what gideon has to say first, he's got first dibs. I don't think they'll be much shipping fees going to where you're at but you never know.

datrep 09-01-2011 11:18 AM

I had a dented front bumper from where my father-in-law backed into me. But it has been scrapped already. Wish I knew you were looking sooner.