DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   4.6L mustang gt - sort of (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=91048)

snrusnak 09-02-2011 01:02 AM

4.6L mustang gt - sort of

After work the other day I saw a movie with a buddy of mine that lives/works in the same area that I work in. After the movie we were going to his house and a mustang pulled up to me(the early 2000's body style). It was a pretty nice car and he had a nice exhaust it sounded great. He revved and when the light went green we stepped on it, it had just rained and we both spun like crazy but I beat him(probably due to my traction control). Next light he asked me if I had a hemi, I said "no", and enjoyed the same stupid look people give every time I say "287". I'm pretty sure I would have taken him even if we could have hooked up, I've beaten several mustangs, the only ones that get me are the highest output ones, I think they are 3 valve heads....?

moparmanicac 09-02-2011 04:29 AM

people don't respect the new 287s enough b/c of the insane power the 4.6 early 90s only put out number similar to the first 4.7s if I'm not mistaken which isn't anything to impressive especially in a "muscle" car....fords lol nice kill

snrusnak 09-02-2011 09:35 AM

^ I agree, the 4.6L is not very impressive, even the highest output NA ones (the three valve heads) I believe have less hp and tq than the new 4.7L. They beat me though obviously because I'm double the weight.

CHVYKLR 09-02-2011 06:39 PM

yeah a '05-'09 stock 3v is only rated at 300hp and 320tq.
in '10, they got a small increase to 315hp and 325tq.

RadioFlyer 09-03-2011 01:02 AM

Had a Cadillac come reving past me at about 40 mph and I was doing about 30. He had got into my turning lane directly in front of me so I figure I'd line up with him after the turn. When I got up on his rear at the light...it was like oh shit, lol! It was a Supercharged CTS, I saw the big emblem on the rear left side...I'm like oh oh! But then I saw that his rear tires were completely bald....yeah! He was checking me out in the rearveiw and reving it up the whole time we were sitting there. We turned and waited to cross a set of rr tracks and stopped side by side. We held up traffic behind us, all looked good with no cops around and peeps looking and watching. We used hand sigs and took off even but I had him all the way to second gear when we had to shut down for the next light, I was lmao. This friging Cadi had a standard transmission, never heard of such. I could hear his exhaust (aftermarket) over mine so he was close the whole way but I never looked back to see. I could hear his tires spinning like he was driving in the rain, he he! He wasn't speed shiffting either and was shifting too soon so I first thought that he was inexperienced. But after thinking , that was a good move considering he had no traction. He turned off to the right at the light and I headed straight for home. But this guy had to be the biggest idot of all to be dogging such a nice car on bald tires and loosing to a truck. How stupid can one be, that car would literally smoke me in the right conditions. Suprisingly the car looked as small, so that thing has got to scream with 550 hp. I bet that guys gonna looking for me with a set of new tires, lol! I'm not going to give him another shot either...I'm not that stupid, lol! You figure if the guy can afford a cadi like that, he shouldn't be letting his tires go like that. I have one word for that guy...stupid!

snrusnak 09-04-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Had a Cadillac come reving past me at about 40 mph and I was doing about 30. He had got into my turning lane directly in front of me so I figure I'd line up with him after the turn. When I got up on his rear at the light...it was like oh shit, lol! It was a Supercharged CTS, I saw the big emblem on the rear left side...I'm like oh oh! But then I saw that his rear tires were completely bald....yeah! He was checking me out in the rearveiw and reving it up the whole time we were sitting there. We turned and waited to cross a set of rr tracks and stopped side by side. We held up traffic behind us, all looked good with no cops around and peeps looking and watching. We used hand sigs and took off even but I had him all the way to second gear when we had to shut down for the next light, I was lmao. This friging Cadi had a standard transmission, never heard of such. I could hear his exhaust (aftermarket) over mine so he was close the whole way but I never looked back to see. I could hear his tires spinning like he was driving in the rain, he he! He wasn't speed shiffting either and was shifting too soon so I first thought that he was inexperienced. But after thinking , that was a good move considering he had no traction. He turned off to the right at the light and I headed straight for home. But this guy had to be the biggest idot of all to be dogging such a nice car on bald tires and loosing to a truck. How stupid can one be, that car would literally smoke me in the right conditions. Suprisingly the car looked as small, so that thing has got to scream with 550 hp. I bet that guys gonna looking for me with a set of new tires, lol! I'm not going to give him another shot either...I'm not that stupid, lol! You figure if the guy can afford a cadi like that, he shouldn't be letting his tires go like that. I have one word for that guy...stupid!
I can't bear to spend alot of money on a car, but if I were ever to buy a high performance/expensive car it'd be the CTS-V. With just a few simple mods, I believe tune/pulley/intake/exhaust, the are nearly at 1000hp. And they are 4 door, look awesome, not excessively low to the ground, and you could actually drive it daily. At just $70k or whatever they cost, it really is a bargain compared to it's quarter and half million dollar "equal" competitors. For all intensive purposes it is basically the same car as the zr1 for $50k cheaper...

CHVYKLR 09-04-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 605429)
I can't bear to spend alot of money on a car, but if I were ever to buy a high performance/expensive car it'd be the CTS-V. With just a few simple mods, I believe tune/pulley/intake/exhaust, the are nearly at 1000hp. And they are 4 door, look awesome, not excessively low to the ground, and you could actually drive it daily. At just $70k or whatever they cost, it really is a bargain compared to it's quarter and half million dollar "equal" competitors. For all intensive purposes it is basically the same car as the zr1 for $50k cheaper...

I believe the CTS-V uses the 1.9L TVS blower vs the ZR-1 using the 2.3L TVS blower.

snrusnak 09-05-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

I believe the CTS-V uses the 1.9L TVS blower vs the ZR-1 using the 2.3L TVS blower.
I'm not sure exactly of all the differences, but I know they have some differences with the supercharger, I also thought a different size pulley outputting less boost, and different intercooler. I know they also have different internals, I think rods/pistons maybe... It is a slightly "weaker" engine, but basically the same... There are several cts-v's online, youtube, etc... that have anywhere from stock hp to 1000 hp, most claim just some basic mods(intake, exhaust, tune, pulley...), I would think a few grand...