DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2012 Rams (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=91093)

GTyankee 09-02-2011 07:56 PM

2012 Rams

I went to the dealership today to get an oil change
I walked to the very back of the lot, almost hidden behind the building, there were the new 2012s
the 2011s are out front & you wouldn't know that the back area was open to the public. It looks more like an employee parking area, the 2012s are behind some older vehicles

I saw them & started looking inside, i spotted the steering wheels instantly, all those buttons jump right out at you.
some Rams don't have any buttons on the steering wheel
most of them have 4 buttons on each side
2 Rams had 6 buttons on the left side & 4 on the right side ( with room for 2 more )
I saw 3 types of grill work
1 type had bars instead of the honeycomb look
the more common type was a BLACK honeycomb
there was one Ram that kept pulling me towards it, i saved it for last
it had a very shiny almost sparkling chrome looking honeycomb, the whole truck seemed lower than the rest, it was mostly white & the paint down by the bottom of the doors was almost a pure honey color

it almost looked like this, except for the paint at the bottom of the body line
http://dodgetrucksfanclub.blogspot.c...am-bianco.html

I looked under 1 of the Ram 1500s, the whole lot back there was dirty, the rear end pumpkin was SMALLER than the Rams that all of us own
It seemed to be about 8" like what is on the lighter Jeeps. I don't know if was a DANA rear end or Possibly it was a ZF rear end

Not a single sales person came out to that part of the lot, they watched me from inside & was not that hot outside, maybe 85 F
If they had come out, i would have asked them to unlock the truck with the most buttons on the steering wheel, i wanted to take some close up pictures

I requested the 2012 brochure, they will mail it to me when they are sent to the dealers

erm 09-02-2011 08:24 PM

So you gonna trade in???

GTyankee 09-02-2011 08:31 PM

I have never traded a vehicle in, i sell outright

If you mean, am i ready to buy a 2012, NO, but i sure like all those buttons

i will wait at least another 12 months, i will have at least 70 to 80,000 miles on my Ram by then

RadioFlyer 09-02-2011 08:37 PM

My dealerships website claimed it had 12's on the lot so I went by to test drive some. Unfortunately there were none on the lot and they kept pushing the 11's on me saying the 12's were on the web but haven't arrived yet. I politely kept telling them that I wasn't interested in the 11's and I finally gave up and left them rambling on. HA...GUESS WHAT, as I was leaving I noticed that they were in the back just like the way you described it. But I didn't go look at them, I was kind of dissappointed because it seeemed they must have been lying to me. I guess they want to sell more of the 11's first but they could have told me instead of waisting my time searching for 30 min in hot weather when they knew darn well where they were. The main reason there was to test drive a RCLB 2500 Hemi to get a feel of the new 66RFE anyway.

GTyankee 09-02-2011 08:44 PM

the salesman was pushing hard to sell the 2011s a week ago & it was mentioned again today
The manager was trying to tell me that it is 2011 & that the 2012s were next years truck, that is when i mentioned that i already have seen photos of the 2013 Ram in Mojave Desert during hot weather testing with the new V-6, & that the 2011 Ram was 1 year old the day they started making the 2012s, he walked away

By the way, today when the salesman got a bit pushy about me wanting to know more about the 2012s, he asked me when i was going to be buying, what was i going to get, was i going to do a trade in, etc
I told him that i would be buying through the FLEET/Internet sales team, he back off a bit & told me the name of the guy to see
he doesn't know about the RamforumZ members doing as much research as we do, i already knew the names of the people in the other office

erm 09-02-2011 08:46 PM

LOL...sounds like you shut him down in a hurry!

GTyankee 09-02-2011 09:00 PM

I tend to get mule headed once in a while, well maybe more often than not

Stump3r 09-02-2011 09:04 PM

I'd love to take a 12 for a rip just to see if they are any better than what I have right now. GT when you finally do get to take one for a run we want pic's, and a full review. Oh take a camera man and get it on video :D

Chompo 09-04-2011 05:04 PM

I ordered my '12 1500 and it should be here in 2 weeks! Will get many pics and a review up as soon as it gets here.

GTyankee 09-04-2011 05:47 PM

I have been looking at 2 other posts, both mentioned people who had the 2012s in transit,
one said that he received his '12 a couple weeks ago & he has only added to the post once since he got it. He must be sleeping & eating in it & forgot his laptop too.

I still wonder what rear end is in it, Chrysler or ZF

Maybe the dealers will put the '12s out in the open on Tuesday the 6th