DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2012 Media release RAM trucks (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=91244)

GTyankee 09-04-2011 07:55 PM

2012 Media release RAM trucks
 
1500, 2500, 3500 series 2012 Ram
http://www.media.chrysler.com/dcxms/...1500_Specs.pdf
http://www.media.chrysler.com/dcxms/...am_1500_FA.pdf

http://www.media.chrysler.com/dcxms/...m_HD_Specs.pdf
http://www.media.chrysler.com/dcxms/..._Ram_HD_FA.pdf

Build your own
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/lineup/i...owslider=false
__________________

GeauxHunting 09-04-2011 08:13 PM

Just built my ideal 1500 and it's net price was A little over 40k lol. Not to mention(if I had the money of course) I would spend like $7-10k on aftermarket parts.

GTyankee 09-05-2011 04:42 PM

Yes, i would need more improvements than a steering wheel with buttons & a transmission software change to justify spending that much money

I still have not read anything about what rear end Brand is in the 2012, Dana, ZF or something else

RadioFlyer 09-05-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 606542)
Yes, i would need more improvements than a steering wheel with buttons & a transmission software change to justify spending that much money

I still have not read anything about what rear end Brand is in the 2012, Dana, ZF or something else

I hate to bust their chops but I truely think Dodge is trying to get over on people with the notion of a new 6 speed. 90% of the Ram population does not have any idea of what is really is. And 30% of that who don't and find out after purchase are going to be very dissapointed.

moparmanicac 09-06-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer (Post 606727)
I hate to bust their chops but I truely think Dodge is trying to get over on people with the notion of a new 6 speed. 90% of the Ram population does not have any idea of what is really is. And 30% of that who don't and find out after purchase are going to be very dissapointed.

Very true. But I also thought the same about the fact that the 54RFE is just a 4speed w/ a flash which is what the new 6speed is more or less. Yet despite my lack of optimsim my 02 4.7 4sp Dakota got worse mileage then my 05 4.7 "5sp" RAM and I credit it to the different trans. Although not the truest of 5speeds it was and improvement which is how I see the new 6sp to be but we wont know til its arrives.:4-dontknow:

mp3stang 09-15-2011 06:47 PM

Your links are incomplete. They do not point to a valid PDF file.

GTyankee 09-15-2011 06:58 PM

OOPS sorry about that, my bad
go to this page, look at the right side of the page for
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
http://media.chrysler.com/newsroom.do?id=164&mid=69

RadioFlyer 09-15-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 614226)
OOPS sorry about that, my bad
go to this page, look at the right side of the page for
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
http://media.chrysler.com/newsroom.do?id=164&mid=69

Good post, thanks! Now everyone reading this can see the huge difference between the 65RFE 1500 and the 66RFE 2500 Hemi trans in product specs. They should have put that trans in the 1500 Hemi as well. It would have given the 1500 better fuel mileage and much better performance in the 1/4 mile. And it would have put the Ram back on top at best performance and towing again.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger