DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   This is getting ridiculous (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92042)

mgbighorn 09-15-2011 08:14 PM

This is getting ridiculous

I guess ill start off saying as of two days ago I thought i would be driveing a brand new 2011 dodge ram outdoorsman in brilliant black

So lets start at yesterday, take off work early to go pickup my new dodge only to find out when i was looking it over a large 4-5in wide by 1 ft long dent on the passenger side bed of the pickup :doh: it was running up and down about three feet back from the cab, Im not sure what hit it but it was pretty deep.

The thing that i couldn't believe is that they had just washed and waxed it and "never seen it"

So they tried to get me to buy it and they would fix it when it was convinent for me. I told them to bring me in a new truck with the same options.

Get a call today. They've got me another truck come in and pick it up.

So i brought my dad with me today so i could have another set of eyes to look over this other truck. First thing i notice is a scratch right about 12in long right in the middle of the drivers door it wasnt wide but its right down to the color coat. It should buff out pretty decent (expected some scratches from a black truck) but it was still notable

Then dad for some reason thought to look at the roof and thats when :Wow1:
we found out that the clear coat was peeling on the roof. there were like 3 round spots on the roof about 6in in dia. and all along the channels the clear was peeling

the salesman said he would have the bodyshop look at it and get with me tommorow. I dont know what to think now. If these trucks have these many issues right now whats it going to be like in 5 years

or am i being to picky on a $30,000 purchase like the salesman was trying to make me believe

Stump3r 09-15-2011 08:21 PM

Your not being picky at all, it's a new truck so it should be perfect. Mine was perfect out of the gate and I even had my Dad, (Mr. Perfection) look it over before I signed anything. I'm actually a little shocked that a dealer would even sell something that was less than perfect.

ITSARAM 09-15-2011 08:26 PM

Thats crazy, but you are smart to do the thorough inspection and make sure all is good before you accept the truck.

jdvelchek 09-15-2011 08:40 PM

I agree, you are perfectly within reason. There is no way you should have to accept anything on a brand new truck.... you're not buying a "as is" used one. Hang in there.

mgbighorn 09-15-2011 09:04 PM

I just wish that I took some pictures of them, the dent and scratch might of been hard to capture with my phone but the clearcoat was very noticeable

I don't know why the clear was only peeling on the roof unless there was hail damage that was repaired but you would think that the hood would have the same issues

Leviathan 09-16-2011 03:36 PM

Have you thought about seeing a different dealer? That is ridiculous.

Joe7810 09-19-2011 12:52 PM

Am I the only one who ran out to look at the roof of their truck?

snrusnak 09-19-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Am I the only one who ran out to look at the roof of their truck?
LOL that's funny.

Truck should be perfect from factory. My used 2010 (bought with 38k miles) was damn near perfect....yours should REALLY be perfect lol.

RickMopar 09-24-2011 10:14 AM

Take pictures and videos and for the regional sales manager. Sounds like your dealership sucks.

Deathrend 09-30-2011 11:09 AM

We ordered two trucks, ST Quad Cab, and a Crew Cab Outdoorsman for the boss. Both trucks where delivered with dents in the left side. They tried buffing the dents out which amused me to some extent, then decided to let their body shop "Fix" the issues.

Mind you when you buy two to three 5500 Chassis cabs from them on a yearly basis, you'd think they would work a bit harder when the CEO decides to get himself a vehicle from you!

I've noticed they don't even bother cleaning used vehicles until they're bought anymore either, if even then. My truck still smells like an ashtray.. I've decided I'm going to have to take care of it myself at this point.

Dealerships are getting lazy.