DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Headliner removal - 2010 Ram 1500 Sport CC (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92082)

lefty33 09-16-2011 10:59 AM

Headliner removal - 2010 Ram 1500 Sport CC
 
Hey all!

Looking for some help on how to remove the headliner in my 2010 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab. I actually may get away with just dropping the back right (passenger) corner. I need to get at the Sirius antenna to replace it with a new dual Sirius/Navigation antenna (05064910AA) as I just upgraded to a new RHR MyGig and these now use a single dual antenna for both.

Any help & instructions sure would be appreciated.

SS4Luck 09-16-2011 07:54 PM

Ive never removed the one in my Ram, but usually its as simple as removing the plastic from the A/B/C pillars and unbolt/unsnap everything that is on the roof of the vehicle. Usually that is is a light pull and they come right out (they tend to be glued in a few places to the roof too.

shujat 10-13-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty33 (Post 614699)
Hey all!

Looking for some help on how to remove the headliner in my 2010 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab. I actually may get away with just dropping the back right (passenger) corner. I need to get at the Sirius antenna to replace it with a new dual Sirius/Navigation antenna (05064910AA) as I just upgraded to a new RHR MyGig and these now use a single dual antenna for both.

Any help & instructions sure would be appreciated.


lefty33, how much and where did you get the RHR MyGig and the dual antenna? did the wiring for the antenna come with it?

lefty33 10-13-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shujat (Post 635211)
lefty33, how much and where did you get the RHR MyGig and the dual antenna? did the wiring for the antenna come with it?

Found a great deal for the RHR MyGig on eBay...like new...paid $680. I believe it was from a salvage. Got the antenna from OEM Autoparts...I think they're a sponsor on this site. The antenna has a short wire lead and plugs into the main wire going to the radio unit (just like the original). The connection is located just under the cab roof, where the antenna mounts...was able to drop the back right (passenger) corner of the headliner and get my hand in there to do the disconnect/connect.

Good Luck!

shujat 10-20-2011 11:15 AM

thanks lefty33, you wouldnt believe the lack of information out there to do this mod. lol

lefty33 10-20-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shujat (Post 639653)
thanks lefty33, you wouldnt believe the lack of information out there to do this mod. lol

No problem...glad I could help. You're right though...unless you stumble on to the correct post somewhere, it can be a little frustrating. Have you checked out this site www.mofv.com/MyGIG? It's quite helpful and the "unofficial" mygig website. Lot's of info here.
It's actually a quite simple upgrade...it's seriously "plug & play". Biggest job was pulling the dash apart :) Didn't need to take my truck in to the dealer for re-flash...it just worked seamlessly. If you're looking for a unit on ebay, just make sure you get a "high-speed bus unit"...that's what our Ram's require.

Good Luck!

CaddyRam 11-27-2011 02:26 AM

Glad you found a shortcut. The only way to remove the headliner is where the windshield used to be.....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger